Sign in to follow this  
Big or Bust

What's for dinner tonight?

On 1/10/2024 at 5:05 PM, TR0UBLE SH00TER said:

Black-tailed jackrabbit stew, cooked in a Instant Pot:

IMG_2739.jpgJack rabbit.jpgFullSizeRender (4).jpg

Opportunity knocked and he hit it in the eye with his .308 bolt action.

Only time I have seen this was when delw (rip) posted jackrabbit back strap cooked. 

10 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

Only time I have seen this was when delw (rip) posted jackrabbit back strap cooked. 

We actually cooked (cast iron, butter, salt & pepper) & ate the back straps separate.

And let me tell anyone who doesn't already know that they taste amazing.

Couple years ago I took my son out and we whacked some Jacks and made a stew similar to above and it was fantastic. It was really cool for him to be there from field to table.

Dinner tonight is NY Strip, with grilled asparagus and green and yellow zucchini, with simple corn salt and pepper.  Not my best trim job, but hunger outweighs pictures!

20240130_183352.jpg

• Like 6

Something a little healthier for dinner tonight.  Shrimp stir fry with some veggies, a little garlic, teriyaki, soy and sesami oil.  Forgot toasted sesami seeds and sprouts.

20240131_180136.jpg

• Like 6

On 12/7/2023 at 1:13 PM, n2horns said:

A quick lunch put together, tuna with a wasabi, garlic style chimichuri, ginger and a sesame oil, teriyaki and soy sauce!

20231207_115546.jpg

looks great!!!!

Early dinner tonight, half pound burger, cooked with melted blue cheese, with a kicked up homemade thousand island, with onions, butter lettuce and a generous portion of cold blue cheese and 2 rounds of TI dressing, on brioche bun!!!!!  The spicy TI with hot burger and cold blue cheese, hit all the notes.

Side of bushes baked beans.

20240201_161642.jpg

20240201_161624.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, n2horns said:

Early dinner tonight, half pound burger, cooked with melted blue cheese, with a kicked up homemade thousand island, with onions, butter lettuce and a generous portion of cold blue cheese and 2 rounds of TI dressing, on brioche bun!!!!!  The spicy TI with hot burger and cold blue cheese, hit all the notes.

20240201_161642.jpg

20240201_161624.jpg

Good grief I'm big time jealous. Looks great 👍

3 hours ago, n2horns said:

20240201_161642.jpg

20240201_161624.jpg

You had me at blue cheese!!!

3 hours ago, stanley said:

Looks great!   LOVES me some blue cheese on burgers (and almost anything else)!!

S.

Stanley - blue cheese on steak, burgers, turkey sandwich, all good with me too.  I originally bought it for the NY Strip, but forgot about it, as I was way too hungry. While bbq, i was eating it and enough left for one more burger tomorrow.

• Like 2