Sign in to follow this  
jonesface

A little late but here we go

We had a great hunt last week. These are the two guys we were able to tag this year. I want to thank Dodger2. I couldnt have done it without your help. Lots of great memories with my brothers. 1st coues! ;)

post-2799-1228949696_thumb.jpg

post-2799-1228949740_thumb.jpg

You got to excited about your post and forgot to post the pics......I'm sure they are great buck but I can't see them :)

Good deal, do you have any head on pictures of the buck in your right hand? Looks like the main beams are close.

Way to connect on a couple bucks,

--Bill

Good deal, do you have any head on pictures of the buck in your right hand? Looks like the main beams are close.

Way to connect on a couple bucks,

--Bill

post-2799-1228958951_thumb.jpg

Awesome! Lets hear some story!

This has been a fun but hard hunt. Since Aug. we have made a dozen trips to the Galiuro Mountains.post-2799-1229034774_thumb.jpg At first it seemed like we were hitting a brick wall. Every road we went down was closed off due to private property. It seemed like it was going to be a tagless hunt. We put up a trail cam along Copper Creek Rd. and were able to get a few deer but nothing worth going after. post-2799-1229034819_thumb.jpg Then I got talking to Dodger2 and he lead me in the right direction. I really do owe it all to him and this website for the help I got. We then went over to the east side of the Galiuros and started seeing things I liked.post-2799-1229034859_thumb.jpg post-2799-1229034884_thumb.jpg

We went up to the area Thanksgiving night. Friday morning was wet and foggy. post-2799-1229034924_thumb.jpg Saw a few deer but no bucks. By Friday evening the weather cleared for a wonderful weekend. Friday evening I saw a forkie chasing a doe. About a hour later I saw four bucks together about 800yrds away just feeding. I didn't have a spotting scope with me but I could tell with my binos all of them were decent bucks! We only had about 45 minutes of light left so we decided to go after them Saturday. Saturday we didn't see anything except hunters everywhere. I had to bring my two brothers home Sun because they had to go to work Mon. Monday David and I left our houses here in Gilbert at about 8:30am. We got back to camp at around 2. We ate some lunch and then made our hike. We hiked about an hour and then glassed. I spotted the four bucks again about 500 yrds away. David and I left our packs and headed over a ridge to get a closer shot. We found them about 200 yrds away and I shot first then David. Both shots dropped them right in there tracks. The shots were make around 5:15pm.post-2799-1229035505_thumb.jpgpost-2799-1229035527_thumb.jpg By the time we got back to camp it was a little after 10. We packed up camp the next morning and headed home. It was a great hunt, wonderful country and weather! I had a great time. It was worth all the disappointment in the beginning.

Good deal, way to get two close together.

--Bill

Now it doesn't get much better than that. Great pics and story. :)

TJ