JACK

The Hunters became...

Awesome cat.. I like to see all these dead lions being posted here.

Is it me or does it seem like more lions are being shot by spot and stalk these days than in previous years ?

Great job Jack;

anyone able to kill two coyotes and a lion in the same day should get a free deer tag for next year next year from Arizona Game and Fish. Good luck on the deer after Christmas. I had a little different experience this year with some Berger bullets. 300 RUM, 32" Creager barrel, 1 in 11 twist, 210 gr. VLD Berger, 3525 fps. We shot a cow elk in Utah at 475 yds, she was standing straight toward us. The bullet entered at the point where the neck connects to the brisket just to the left of center. It passed through one lung and proceeded through the body embedding itself just under the skin on the opposite side hind quarter. This bullet hadn't hit anything as far as bone, but it had failed to open up much at all. 50 yds closer and the bullet would have gone completely through the elk length way's. Have you experienced anything like this with the Berger's.

Wow that is awesome! A huge congrats and good luck after Christmas. And by the way the white ford with the muley crazy and the cw.com sticker was me, I left Phoenix at 3 that morning to get down south in time to glass.

Phil

Awesome story!! I was commenting to a hunting friend of mine that I am definately buying a lion tag next year. I used to buy one every year and never saw one or even seen anyone with one so quit buying the tag when they went up in price. In the past year three people I hunt with killed lions. One killed in 33, one in 30b and one in 35a. We also saw one last January in 30b during the archery hunt but no one had a rilfe. tried calling it but it didn't work. He was chasin deer that we glassed up and were going to put a stalk on.

Wow! What an awesome day, you will remember it forever! Congrats..

What were you shooting? 15 minutes at 1000 yards... thats a flat shooter. Only missing by 6 - 8 inches is awesome shooting a that distance in the field.. nice!

We shoot 300 RUMs sighted in 3" high at 100 yards and with the Bergers they are pretty dang flat

Is it me or does it seem like more lions are being shot by spot and stalk these days than in previous years ?

It sure seems like there have been alot of lions taken or seen this year...dont know if it is more publsized by these forums or there are just more lions...either way I like it!

Great job Jack;

anyone able to kill two coyotes and a lion in the same day should get a free deer tag for next year next year from Arizona Game and Fish. Good luck on the deer after Christmas. I had a little different experience this year with some Berger bullets. 300 RUM, 32" Creager barrel, 1 in 11 twist, 210 gr. VLD Berger, 3525 fps. We shot a cow elk in Utah at 475 yds, she was standing straight toward us. The bullet entered at the point where the neck connects to the brisket just to the left of center. It passed through one lung and proceeded through the body embedding itself just under the skin on the opposite side hind quarter. This bullet hadn't hit anything as far as bone, but it had failed to open up much at all. 50 yds closer and the bullet would have gone completely through the elk length way's. Have you experienced anything like this with the Berger's.

We could start a whole new thread...but I just started shooting the Bergers this year. A buddy shot his deer with my gun, my lion and those coyotes are all that I have seen shot with Bergers and no problems so far...knock on wood As with any bullets performance shot placement is probably most important...fluke things can happen and if you dont hit any bones who knows...I would like to a pic of the bullet though! and I like your style on the free tag deal ;)

It sure seems like there have been alot of lions taken or seen this year...dont know if it is more publsized by these forums or there are just more lions...either way I like it!

We were just talking about this at lunch today. It really seems like more lions have been killed this year than in previous years. Anyone have an idea of the body count? I took one March.