Sign in to follow this  
Explorer

K4 ranch thieves

So the K4 ranch in Williamson valley az gets 250k from the super raffle to cut juniper trees down. Yet they don't allow hunter access. Right or wrong?

Its wrong on a few levels 

Probably cost them $25k and they pocket the rest

• Like 2

I think everyone shares the same opinion. That's a topic to be brought up at a Commission Meeting. It's not the first time this has been brought up on here.

• Like 3

Most of those trees were cut back in the 70's but yes, doesn't seem right.  I imagine they sell it to the powers that be, by cutting trees more water goes into the aquifer.  The checker boarding of land almost always seem to work for the landowner and rarely the public. 

Many years ago, my dad trained horses and new the old man Kiekefer.  All the way back in the late 70's I can remember my dad telling me he was a shrewd businessman.

• Like 1

More like pretending to care about antelope populations . I would like to see a audit of the money spent on juniper clearing. Who remembers the tag numbers in 19b back in the 80s and 90s? Would love to see some old hunting regulation numbers. It is almost sickening.

• Like 1

Got 2 tags in 19B over the years. One in 1985 and one in 1992. Got one on a ranch and one in the Natl forest.

Didn't somebody at K4 get murdered back in the 80's?

Just now, DUG said:

Got 2 tags in 19B over the years. One in 1985 and one in 1992. Got one on a ranch and one in the Natl forest.

Didn't somebody at K4 get murdered back in the 80's?

The murder was not on the k4 ranch it was directly west of K4 about 2 miles.  It was a ranch hand that murdered somebody at the big house just past the ranger station along walnut creek.  I think it was the owner of the house that was murdered.  

• Like 2

Back in the 80's my dad shot a Buffalo off of the ranch next to the k4, I think it was called the CV. In high school my buddy seemed to draw an archery antelope tag every year and we spent a lot of time up in those parts, good times

• Like 1

My understanding of that project is that all Department money has been spent on clearing land the K4 leases from USFS and not a dime has been spent on the K4's private, deeded property.  The leased property is adjacent to the checkerboard blocks, but the public can still access it.   If that is true, does that change anyone's opinion?

• Like 3

Stop speculating and call Wade Zarlingo at AZGFD.  He is listed on the HPC proposal as the contact. 

Wade Zarlingo 928-368-3203      wzarlingo@azgfd.gov

Proposal # 22-304

https://www.azgfd.com/wildlife-conservation/on-the-ground-conservation/cooperative-programs/habitat-partnership-committee/

There will also be a very detailed proposal that can be provided of funding and project scope in addition to what is listed on the website...

• Like 3