firstcoueswas80

Wanted: pigeons

I don’t have a source, but I had great luck with a pigeon trap when I needed some. That thing would catch as many as you wanted

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Eli said:

I don’t have a source, but I had great luck with a pigeon trap when I needed some. That thing would catch as many as you wanted

Any pictures of the one you used by chance?

1 hour ago, Eli said:

Wanna make some side money from your traps? 😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eli said:

I had grabbed one from gun dog supply, the shaded pigeon trap. Was like $65 then. Had a cactus fall during a storm and crushed it. 

looked like this one

https://www.birdbgone.com/collapsible-pigeon-trap-with-shade-35-x-16-x-8/

I would just toss seed on the ground for a few days, then put the trap on top of the seed and they would just go right in. 

Do you still have the crushed trap

I usually  use a gammo  pellet  gun . The birds don't  move much when  I'm done.  Some jack wagon keeps feeding  them and the Damm things crap everywhere 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I used to watch them hauled out of the rail yard by the truckload. They were attracted to grain on the ground from leaky rail cars. Guys would lay a net down about 50 yards long and when the ground was covered with birds they would fire the net with some kind of launchers that covered them probably 50 yards wide, then scoop them into cages and throw them on a flatbed semi. Never learned where they took them. Some sneaky and a casting net might get you a few bucks.  Water treatment plants are a good place to find them too because uuuuuh, well..... corn.

I wonder if there are any trapping laws or permits involved with capturing pigeons?