Sign in to follow this  
stanley

Hatch Green Chili Source?? (EXTRA HOT / HOT)

7 hours ago, idgaf said:

This takes me back to my childhood and my grandmother breaking any child labor law there ever was.  We would grease each chili in crisco,  roast them on a wood stove with mesquite in August in tucson.   Then husk corn for what felt like days.  Those were the easy parts and then grind corn by hand until me and my brothers had arms that look like something out of he-man.  She would make 100 dozen tamales at a time. 

Sounds like your grandma knew how to keep you boys on the straight and narrow. Some good memories there.

Kids need more tasks these days.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, thegunsmith2506 said:

My wife bought some hot and they are so hot we can't eat them. I can't imagine extra hot.

Same just about everytime I get hatch chiles they are too hot for me....

1 hour ago, 25-06 said:

I always get the mild and sometimes they can be a little hot. Good stuff though.

1 hour ago, thegunsmith2506 said:

My wife bought some hot and they are so hot we can't eat them. I can't imagine extra hot.

1 hour ago, HyNoon said:

Same just about everytime I get hatch chiles they are too hot for me....

That is a problem that I have NEVER had!!!   I like them VERY hot.  😉   

(Though several of my friends/family often ask me to tame-down my recipes because the food I prepare is is too hot for them... LOL)

2 minutes ago, stanley said:

That is a problem that I have NEVER had!!!   I like them VERY hot.  😉   

(Though several of my friends/family often ask me to tame-down my recipes because the food I prepare is is too hot for them... LOL)

Too Hot is not hemorrhoid friendly. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Edge said:

Sounds like your grandma knew how to keep you boys on the straight and narrow. Some good memories there.

Kids need more tasks these days.

Yeah, all she was missing was the highway patrol hat and a stick whip and she could run an Alabama chain gang.   I miss those tamales. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, idgaf said:

Yeah, all she was missing was the highway patrol hat and a stick whip and she could run an Alabama chain gang.   I miss those tamales. 

Man I love tomales. I have only had a few that were good. In 2010 I was working at 22Ave and Peoria and a woman came past selling them. The masa was not gritty but ground real fine and seemed like it almost had more lard and maybe a teench of creme in it.

Oh, and it actually had meat in it unlike the usual "Jewish" tomales where they just "passover" the meat and fillings. In my experience they usually just have an ounce or two tablespoons of meat and the people selling them are more interested in makeing money.

Yeah, Yeah I know everybody's abuela make the best but that's not been my experiance.

Dang, all these experts out there and not a single person can spell it correctly.   😆

It’s Hatch CHILE, with an (e)

Chili is made with beans in Texas 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1