Dkart4

Looking for a tripod set up for predator calling

Im getting ready to try the manfroto mh-35 ball head and an arca plate on the rifle. 

im missing the point of the lockjaw thing above. With an arca rail it would go straight into the ball head, that looks like a ball head then that clamp? Seems like unnecessary hardware

21 hours ago, bowhunter-tw said:

Im getting ready to try the manfroto mh-35 ball head and an arca plate on the rifle. 

im missing the point of the lockjaw thing above. With an arca rail it would go straight into the ball head, that looks like a ball head then that clamp? Seems like unnecessary hardware

I designed the LOC JAW long before any of these other tripod devices existed. I used my first prototype back in 2007 and it made it easy to shoot coyotes at 400-500 yards. It was especially useful when my boys started to shoot with me. I designed the LOC JAW to be a universal fit for any hunter to use with his existing tripod while hunting. You don’t need anything special and you don’t have to purchase a separate tripod or head to use it. In the photo it shows that it slides onto any Picatinny rail and your tripod plate bolts to it. 

I would advise against using a ball head. It doesn’t have the side to side stability while holding the weight of the rifle. Canting will cause your point of aim to change. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, azhuntnut said:

I designed the LOC JAW long before any of these other tripod devices existed. I used my first prototype back in 2007 and it made it easy to shoot coyotes at 400-500 yards. It was especially useful when my boys started to shoot with me. I designed the LOC JAW to be a universal fit for any hunter to use with his existing tripod while hunting. You don’t need anything special and you don’t have to purchase a separate tripod or head to use it. In the photo it shows that it slides onto any Picatinny rail and your tripod plate bolts to it. 

I would advise against using a ball head. It doesn’t have the side to side stability while holding the weight of the rifle. Canting will cause your point of aim to change. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I see, so it doesnt lock onto the rail? 

i think there are scenarios that ballheads make sense and some that dont.