Sign in to follow this  
minguscoues

when do you mount yours?

my dads is on the left the two are mine that i got this year and last year. waiting to mount one when i hit 100. hope you enjoy. sorry if i took up too much file space. dont know how to re-size.

post-2652-1230936473_thumb.jpg

post-2652-1230936485_thumb.jpg

Very nice bucks for sure! I think that when to mount one is up to the individual and it changes for each person or each deer. I personally have a 110" typical on the wall so it will require something bigger then that or something unique before the next one gets done.

Phil

Very nice bucks for sure! I think that when to mount one is up to the individual and it changes for each person or each deer. I personally have a 110" typical on the wall so it will require something bigger then that or something unique before the next one gets done.

Phil

thanks for the comment. if they werent so dang expensive i would get shoulder mounts of every animal. its ok though, even with a european, i think you can give it the respect the animal deserves.

I have 3 mounts. Well, one is up, one will be done in weeks coughScottcough. and the other is waiting for me to get some $. IMO, $500 for a awesome mount that lasts for ever is pretty fair. I am mounting my Mexico buck because of the experience and because of being a different type of deer.

Although score does have some weight for me I'm like Ernesto, I will shoulder mount a buck if I think it's cool looking or is unique. Minguscoues, I'd probably mount that bladed eyeguard buck there for sure! He's got the size and charachter, who cares about a score. Heck, if you have the $$ why not shoulder mount both of those? I have a 103 5/8ths buck on my wall and I actually like the looks of my 91" buck better.

Casey, did you mount that 25" spike? It was pretty unique.

I was looking at Preston's shed/pick up collection (Josh, you would be amazed at a couple of these sheds!) He had a shed to one side of an amazing perfectly typical buck, but it was like it had been a huge shed shrunk way down. Kind of hard to explain without seeing it. It would probably score 28 inches but I would mount that bad boy for sure. I'll try to convince him to post it!!

I have a 109 and an 85 and I love them both the same. I don't have them to show off really just having them to remember the hunt and deer every time I look at them. To each his own.

every hunt for me is a awesome memory. score really doesnt matter when it comes down to it for me either. if it did i probably wouldnt have shot either. the wide buck i shot, my wife was with me, that was a first for her. the other buck was with my dad. he shot his in the a.m, and i shot mine in the p.m. that was a helluva good time. all 3 bucks were in the same unit, different areas. as i said before, if i had the money at each time, i would put all my deer on the wall. every time i see the europeans in the garage, it brings back those times spent in the field.

I am facing the same quandry. I have a 94 incher mounted already, and just killed a 105 (104 7/8). So, do I mount the new one as well, or just have my tax just change the antlers out on the old mount?????????????

I will probably just mount the new one as well.

Whitey-

Interesting question. The first buck I had mounted was 80", mounted by Jeff Seivers in 1980. I now have 6 more from 100" to 121", they all have special memories and are all works of art. I love them and I know some of the people that see them (like one of my daughters) think they are horrible. They aren't cheap but they are forever. Get them done when you can, and european mount the rest. I think the ones you have there would be great mounted, but thats me.

my dads is on the left the two are mine that i got this year and last year. waiting to mount one when i hit 100. hope you enjoy. sorry if i took up too much file space. dont know how to re-size.

If it were me I would mount either of those two bucks those are great bucks. I would have to say it is all personal preference. My dad has a 3x3 muley mounted. It was not the biggest buck he ever killed but the hunt was one of his favorites, he said the snow was falling and it was just like a picture.

Every hunt is different, thats what makes them special! I work my butt off on every hunt to try and kill the best representative buck on that hunt. Sometimes it's a 100+ and sometimes it an 80. If I decide to shoot something I'm usually deciding to mount it at the same time. I don't hunt coues for meat I hunt them in hopes of taking a real trophy. They are all trophies if I'm pulling the trigger. I will be honest the one 80 buck I referred to I did not mount along with my first buck and a 75 I shot on accident while trying to shoot a 95, ( got 'em confused ). Those 3 hang in the garage euro style and I'm proud of all of them. So I guess you could say I do have a cut-off at 80 but it all depends on the story behind the buck as well. I would mount those bucks in your pics for sure! Those are great bucks!

I mount mine whenever I want!!

Ernesto was making a funny (I think) but it went unnoticed. LOL