YEEHAW, I killed my largest mulie to date!! And my first animal with a bow!! I had been hunting the last few days with my son and we had seen some doe, we had seen a couple bucks but both were in peoples yards, so I figured I should pass on them :lol: . We hunted this morning and then helped a buddy move some furniture. We got home about 1:30 and ate and then I started watching the Cardinal vs Falcons on TV. I was pretty discouraged at this time since we had seen no bucks and the Game so far was good, so I thought, maybe I will just stay and watch it. Well the Cards started to revert to form(I see they pulled it out though!) so I decided (with the help of my hunting buddy) that we should go ahead and go out even if we just walked around for awhile. SO we drove out to our unit and I just took the first turn I could and then the first pull off as I had seen a large herd in the area last year. So we left the truck and the first thing my poor son does is find somebodies large dookie pile to step in :blink: After matters were cleaned up we kept on and we came on an old skid trail and started to follow it, of course I am not paying very good attention so when the doe runs if front of me at 8 yards it scares the bejeebers out of me, then I saw a forked antler and thought Man I had a perfect chance and blew it!!! Then the deer stopped at 30 yards!! I drew released and as my arrow skipped off of his back through his ear and then into his antler, I realized it was really 20 yards :blink: ! Well the doe has not moved a bit and so I walked along the skid trail, within 5 yards of her I might add, and as I came around the tree she was next to, the buck was RIGHT THERE!! WHile I futzed with my release to attach it to my loop he ran to 15 yards, I aimed, squeezed and POW!!! he dropped like a stone!! First ARchery Deer!! Biggest mulie to date!! It is only a forkie, but hey I favor the little guys with big white tails!! If you look at the first pic you can see the deer lying to the right and my arrow sticking out of the stump on the far left! After all the hiking and glassing we did, we killed that deer not 10 minutes from my truck!! To top it all off my son was with me for it, what a great great day!! AG

post-430-1231043472_thumb.jpg

post-430-1231043539_thumb.jpg

post-430-1231043582_thumb.jpg

post-430-1231043675_thumb.jpg

Here are a couple frontal shots

post-430-1231045537_thumb.jpg

post-430-1231045601_thumb.jpg

post-430-1231045658_thumb.jpg

It is a very intense experience to be that close to an animal when you take him I will tell you that!! My son was very impressed with the sound it made when he heard the arrow hit. I think I could really get used to this archery stuff ;) ag

Way to go Adam...Enjoy your time with Merrill once he finds out about girls it's over for a few years. ;)

J- and I are headed out this morning but I have to be back at 11:00 to watch my team hopefully win.

T

Congrats on a nice first archery buck! Better watch out now that the archery fever has started to take hold.

Phil

Way to go AG!!! Having the boy to share that with makes it even better!

Congrats on your first Archery Buck. I am hoping I will get my first kill with a bow this year as well. Nice to see you had your son along with you!

Sweet Bro!! I am happy for you. Makes it all the more awsome that Merrill was with you. Pretty buck too. Way to go!!! Now, we need to get out and smoke some coyotes!!!! Jason