Sign in to follow this  
BassSlayer

White Mtn Lakes Fishing

Went to Black Canyon and Willow springs lakes over the holiday weekend. Bumper boats too say the least!!!  But we got on the water at daylight and stayed till the crowds run us off. Game and fish show a probability of 1 in 8000 chance of catching the elusive Tiger trout ( cross of brown and brook trouts ) Well we caught 4. Here's a pic of what they look like. We also caught a lot of 20-23" Rainbows. Amazing weekend.IMG_1743.jpg.4654001d1556b0089a885d0f51047aaa.jpgIMG_1747.jpg.d48b130291fd28e73bc583ef7d6910af.jpg

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, Roosevelt Mark said:

I fished Willow for 6 days before the holiday and caught at least 1 tiger each day. They were all very skinny.

Yeah I'm guessing the 1/8000 is a cast ratio  for 100 inexperienced anglers.  1-2 a day sounds about right, at least for WCL anyway.

I've been catching an average 2 - 3lb rainbows and a few very nice tigers at Woods Canyon lake every Wednesday . Have had a few 5+ lb studs. (rainbows) going up next Wednesday with a great fellow from here.

Then time to head to the reservation to start catching big browns, then big lake before the freeze. Great looking fish you caught. Weekends do suck. Thats why I work the weekends and fish middle of the week. Happy fishing

• Like 6

My Bad, it was Willow springs and Woods canyon lakes. Never fished them till the busiest weekend lol. We did hit Black canyon lake , but the water level was so low you couldn't launch a boat, at least not a real boat. We did hit Hawley and Reservation and they both were dead. Will have to hit them later when it cools down. Good luck all

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BassSlayer said:

My Bad, it was Willow springs and Woods canyon lakes. Never fished them till the busiest weekend lol. We did hit Black canyon lake , but the water level was so low you couldn't launch a boat, at least not a real boat. We did hit Hawley and Reservation and they both were dead. Will have to hit them later when it cools down. Good luck all

I heard from Black Canyon Lake campground host , The dam sprung a leak and within a week went low . We fished for Bass last weekend , caught a few on spinner baits and top water (pop r) ,I though at first they were draining the lake to kill off the bass and start it as a trout lake again.

Hitting Woods in the am, should be good after these storms. Another one outside the window right now.

• Like 1

Hitting Fool Hollow tomorrow, going after Walleye.  Only caught one this year but he sure tasted good :)

• Like 2