ddy58

AZ Jan Coues and Muley

Congrats! Nice bucks! Too bad you guys didn't get them three days earlier to put in for the 2005 draw.

The muley was with twenty to thirty other deer and was shot in the neck at 35 yards. I shot the coues while he was following a doe at 17 yards. We were both just out hiking through the brush and got lucky.

Those are fantastic. Congrats, I wish I had the problem of waiting 334 days to hunt dear in AZ again. I bet there was a few "drinks" downed that night. The smiles on your buddy's face says it all! ;)

Redman

Congrats to both of you guys, 2006 is right around the corner.

SWEE-HEE-HEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just going to say, WOW!!!!!!!!

Congrats guys!

What a hunt.Two trophy bucks killed that close together and on the same day must have been great and then to do it with a buddy even makes it better.Mule deer is a wide one and that coues deer is a beautiful speciman.Good genetics in that area,what area were you guys in if you dont mind me asking

ddy58

Careful on your answer to that question... LOL

Good genetics in that area,what area were you guys in if you dont mind me asking

Ruger2506

I think you might be stepping on a nerve with that question, but 42M is the preferred answer I think.

LOL

We usually hunt the cave creek or big bug areas but on a tip we hunted unit 23 this year and these are the results. I also had a Coues bigger than this one walk within 15 yards of camp. Unfortunately he was closer to my bow than I was. Thanks to Kemp for the tip if you read this.

thats impossible! their are no deer in 23, so that had to be in unit 42m, camelback mountain area.i dont belive 23 at all,i spent 6 months there in 23 and all i saw were rabits, and an elk "cow"at that.so sell your 23 somewhere else,im not buying it :D

Why is it that no one thinks there are deer in 23??? But after thinking about it I know why. The area we were hunting was very thick with pines and brush and the farthest you could see is about fifty yards and that was rare. Also I never saw a single other person off of the roads or any sign that anyone ever hunts off the roads... Ultramag if you want Ill send you a pm of exactly where we were but you have to promise not to tell.

just joking :P ,i belive you, :D but if you want to tell me your spot go ahead i promise not to tell anybody,and again congrats on the deer .just wondering what does ddy58 mean?

Hmmmm,

lets see......."promise not to tell"

sounds like, "checks in the mail"

also like, "I promise I'll still love you tomorrow"

also like, "I'm only having one beer"......etc. etc. etc.

Couesi1