AZcoues_addict

My 2009 Desert Archer Mule Deer

Well, 2009 deer is already over for me, and I can't believe it ended so well!

I was still on a mental high from my last day archery buck, and only 5 days later, I end up getting a shot at my largest mule deer to date! I saw a few, passed on many, and didn't want to end my year on a buck unless he was exceptional. Well, I finally found him and he was exceptional and a stud!

post-918-1231178066_thumb.jpg

The stalk took nearly an hour, then I spent 25 minutes motionless within 100 yards of this buck and his does, and watched him do his dirty work and chase off a fork. I waited patiently and it paid off as the does finally made their way 40 yards through a shooting lane. First one, two, and so on until the buck finally followed. I held my 40 yard pin and waited as he passed through, and once his neck hit the opening I squeezed the release and he walked right into my arrow. I watched him jump, kick and run up the hill, and drop 75 yards away! This buck truly is a warrior of the desert flats. He is massive, symmetrical, beautiful and mine! I was in awe, God blessed me with such a great opportunity.

post-918-1231178090_thumb.jpg

post-918-1231178112_thumb.jpg

post-918-1231178128_thumb.jpg

WOW OH WOW!!!!

Congrats on a fantastic Muley! Just as great as your last years archery buck!!!

Great write up and Congrats on a beautiful buck! Oh and thanks for letting that stud have one more chance to spread his genes. :P

What a stud in more ways then one! Congrats on such a beauty!

Phil