maximus

Question about draw

right now i have 7 points and been puting in for early archery hunts some with good draw odds according to hunters trailhead but haven't get drawn like a lot of people, i'm thinking to put in for late rifle, are there better chances ogf getting drawn? 

thanks for the responses.

I don't think the odds are much different.  The unit I put in for late rifle is about 12 points for the bonus pass.  It is just getting harder to draw any tag in Arizona now.  All the way across the board on all hunts and game.  There are late archery hunts if you are set on hunting with really good draw odds.  Someone will probably have the exact numbers for you though.

• Like 3

I only put in unit 1 early archery. Got it twice in the last 7 years. 

16 minutes ago, ctafoya said:

I only put in unit 1 early archery. Got it twice in the last 7 years. 

I only put in 1 archery and I’ve got 2 times since 1998

12 hours ago, maximus said:

right now i have 7 points and been puting in for early archery hunts some with good draw odds according to hunters trailhead but haven't get drawn like a lot of people, i'm thinking to put in for late rifle, are there better chances ogf getting drawn? 

thanks for the responses.

What experience are you looking for? Early archery is a lot different hunt than late rifle. Are you just wanting a bull? 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

I only put in 1 archery and I’ve got 2 times since 1998

Sucks to be you

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

I would stick with early archery, nothing better than bulls screaming all around you. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, trphyhntr said:

You got a ram? 

Define.....ram

11 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

What experience are you looking for? Early archery is a lot different hunt than late rifle. Are you just wanting a bull? 

i like the early archery best, bulls rutting and better weather but i'm getting old and the way things are going here how many bull tags do i have ? i'm 64 and will like to have a few more hunts, not crazy about late hunts but if they are easier to draw i will put in for those.

5 minutes ago, maximus said:

i like the early archery best, bulls rutting and better weather but i'm getting old and the way things are going here how many bull tags do i have ? i'm 64 and will like to have a few more hunts, not crazy about late hunts but if they are easier to draw i will put in for those.

The point spread between early archery and late rifle is typically 1-3, so not too significant. Quality of hunt experience is huge difference. At 7 points you are very close on many mid tier units for early archery 6a, 6b, 7e, 8, 11m. Of course point creep is happening but it affects most desired hunts first and tricks down. Late rifle hunts are fun but you are typically locating a bull and shooting. Early archery you are enjoying 2 weeks of elk behavior at its finest with the chance to harvest a bull of a lifetime. Just my thoughts.

Mark

• Like 2

is getting very difficult to draw an archery tag(early),a few years ago i drew a 6B with four points , last year with 6 i didn't, i think 7east is like 99% draw but form what i hear is not a good hunt.