Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

Interesting grid

2 minutes ago, wish2hunt said:

Pecker shot

Friends daughter hit her first buck in shoulder sharp quartering to…passed through and blew the balls off on the way out. Lots of mileage out of that one. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bigorange said:

Friends daughter hit her first buck in shoulder sharp quartering to…passed through and blew the balls off on the way out. Lots of mileage out of that one. 

In 1991 I was hunting in New River with two friends on the Halloween Mule Deer hunt. We hunted the first few days and they left on Sunday. Monday morning it got really windy and I out on the flats not far from a trik tank hunched down eating a candy bar when a couple of yards away I saw two bucks high tailing it away. I spit out that half chewed candy bar (Snickers) and hauled but toward the Mesa knowing they would drop down in the draw below it then head uphill in typical Mule Deer fashion.

Well I made it a couple of hundred yards and saw them running across the the face of the hill about 50 yards from the top of Table Mesa. I pulled up and put the crosshairs on the front of his shoulder and let it fly. My first shot hit the lead buck  just behind the shoulder at about 300 yards. He ran maybe 30 yards and turned headed up to the top of the hill but it bluffed out. When he stopped and turned around facing me I put the crosshairs on his chest and squeezed on off. When the bullet hit he jumped forward and disappeared. 

It took me an hour to climb up to him. The second shot went into his chest, took off the tip of his Johnson and broke the right femur.  I took the skull cap and boned him out. I sat there and took off my boots and laid out my socks so they would dry out then hiked the 1/2 mile non-stop back to the truck. I was 39 at the time and in top shape. Savage 110, Tasco "World Class Scope with "Coated Optics"  and Barnes 120gr X Bullet handloads at about 3400fps. It seems everytime I kill something I'm solo.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wish2hunt said:

Pecker shot

Yours or his?

38 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

took off the tip of his Johnson and broke the right femur.  I took the skull cap and boned him out.

Boned him out then Boned him out? Wait, wha?

• Haha 1