Sign in to follow this  
schmalts

Muzz Muley

Got this buck with the muzzle loader in southern AZ. not too bad of a buck and the best one I saw in 6 days of hunting. Not as many MD as there used to be down there I guess, even went one day with even seeing a doe but was never short on coues deer sightings.

Thanks to all that gave me some pointers, especially Simon (azbownunter22) on where deer may be seen.

I guess a guy gets lucky sometimes as this deer was nowhere anyone pointed me to, but found him while scouting out some new interesting looking terrain and kind of just fell into him I guess. I wish I could make up a cool story about a grueling stalk and all but it was one of those right place at the right time gigs from being persistant. Made a bragging shot though! 125 yards on a dead run and dropped him! anyway, here are some pictures from the hunt.

SANY0003.jpg

SANY0010.jpg

SANY0071.jpg

SANY0021.jpg

Very nice buck and great photos, congrats on a beauty!

Phil

Congrats on a nice buck, I can see that you're right in my backyard, I was just out there today lookin around, that's really a great buck, good job

And my backyard also...literally, it seems you found a decent spot. That's a respectable muley for a muzzy hunt. Congrats!