Sign in to follow this  
Dodgerboy999

Another Fobbed Coues!

So how far was the shot? Maybe the experts on here should know so they can tell you if it was too far or not...... :blink: ;)

Just kidding, doesn't matter at all!! Awesome buck!! Congrats to you!!

Beautiful buck! Congrats to your buddy on an awesome deer! He has really cool color on his cape and horns! Thanks for sharing the pics with us.

Phil

To make a long story short my buddy put his time in all year long from the august- now and during his rifle hunt he stumbled on a beautiful hidden water source so with the help of trail cams he realized he needed to be sitting this every chance he could. Pretty boring sitting water but he put his time and got a crack at this guy and couldn't be happier! 20 yd shot from his ground blind. Cool thing was he had two other encounters with this deer

and was able to finally put it together on the third one.

Good job on an AWESOME buck. Also, congratulations on taking some really nice photos. I always love looking through quality field pics like these.

A photo and a memory last a life time so why not take an extra 5 mins and take a quality one photo but than again to each his own on what quality is. Thanks for noticing!

So the fobbes helped with the 20 yarder? Just kidding. That is one beautiful buck in beautiful country. Congratulations to the hunter. Nice picture. Was the ground blind natural or commercial. I ask this because I assume it would not work to shoot fobbs through mesh.

Bob

It was natural and you know what believe it or not the fob does work on a commercial blind as long as you are shooting a broadhead with a bigger cutting diameter than 1 inch. the fob is a inch diameter. This guy I know shot his elk a couple of years ago out of double bull blind shooting through mesh. If you you tube a search for fobs about billion home fob videos pop up and there is a guy who shows that it is doable.