Sign in to follow this  
Green Bullet

Rut report.

15 hours ago, the1adman said:

2 days ago in 33 bucks still not rutting. 

I’ll be heading out there this weekend for a day or two. I’ll let you know if anything changes. 

20 hours ago, oz31p said:

How did you end up?

I shot a nice mature buck the day after my brother shot his. My buck was all by himself 

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

1 hour ago, dustin25 said:

I shot a nice mature buck the day after my brother shot his. My buck was all by himself 

Very nice. Only my daughter had a tag but she killed a good buck on 28th

• Like 1

My buddy saw a nice 3 pt WT tailing 3 does on the road down to a tank I ended up sitting for 5 days in 23.  Only bucks to come in were mulies, but that quota was met so I was s.o.o.l.  Only WT buck I saw was on the posted no hunting/private area along Renolds Creek on 288 on the way home.  He stood there broadside at less than 20 yards and watched me slow to a crawl as I went by him.  I swear that buck was taunting me.

• Like 2

Anyone see any rutting activity in unit 23 or 33 for Coues this past weekend? I’m hoping this cold front gets them chasing here soon

The problem is this time of year you go 5 miles and its all different. I have a buddy who was chasing a real nice buck chasenig 4 doe's in 23

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wildwoody said:

The problem is this time of year you go 5 miles and its all different. I have a buddy who was chasing a real nice buck chasenig 4 doe's in 23

You get it. It is very fluid from year to year and really depends on the Doe's. Anyone who has hunted Coues long enough has see bucks sniffin to chasing  from late December to late February.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, oz31p said:

Fittin to find out , heading into the Chiracahuas for 4 days 

Crazy mnt range, saw a few Mexican wolves years back.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wildwoody said:

Crazy mnt range, saw a few Mexican wolves years back.

Sucks for them, I’m pretty trigger happy 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

So question? So if there are still units open for deer, and the January hunt is the final hunt for 2023 quota kinda of. So question does this mean there aren't as many deer killed a year as they thought. I member many people saying there wouldn't be a January hunt. And I know some have been closed.

Kill on my friends