PRDATR

High School Students and Knives

Love it. Wish all the schools had such a program. Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

Gilbert High School has a meat processing class that students can take as juniors and seniors where they get to slaughter and butcher livestock and game. Great program.

• Like 3

My wife learned to raise livestock and butcher by taking classes in high school  in Portland OR back in the 80's.

My how times have changed.  Now they think meat comes from stores.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Flatlander said:

Gilbert High School has a meat processing class that students can take as juniors and seniors where they get to slaughter and butcher livestock and game. Great program.

My Dad took that class with Mr. Cobb and Mr Granio. In 1979 and 80. He said that's how He learned how to butcher and package . FFA and agriculture was big back then. My Dad still has his FFA jacket He got in 1976 and it still looks brand new. 😀

• Like 4

Up until a few years ago Peoria HS FFA used to teach meat cutting. 

19 hours ago, Edge said:

My how times have changed.  Now they think meat comes from stores.

This is what annoys me most about anti hunters.  The large majority still eat meat but have no idea really.  It doesn't get any more organic and free range animals eating God's diet.  

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

This is what annoys me most about anti hunters.  The large majority still eat meat but have no idea really.  It doesn't get any more organic and free range animals eating God's diet.  

Come on now Tim/Kevin you know that's not true. Even AOC isn't that naive, I mean every kid over 8 or 9 knows where it comes from whether it's an inner city kid in Detroit or a kid in Anchorage.

2 hours ago, PRDATR said:

Come on now Tim/Kevin you know that's not true. Even AOC isn't that naive, I mean every kid over 8 or 9 knows where it comes from whether it's an inner city kid in Detroit or a kid in Anchorage.

Actually what I believe is,  you may be of the last generations of Democrats that know where meat comes from. Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1