Sign in to follow this  
muledeerarea33?

Accident attorney

13 hours ago, muledeerarea33? said:

Getting blamed for an accident. 4 car pile up. Driver in the front got cited, I was in the back. Any lawyers here that know about subroclaims? Thanks in advance. I may need an attorney.

13 hours ago, muledeerarea33? said:

Tried that. Accident was almost 2 years ago. Just now getting asked for extra money by other drivers outside insurance agencies/ subrogation people.

The subrogation thing is a whole new angle.  Sounds like some entity bought the rights to the claim and is now trying to get the return on their investment.   (Subrogation in general, seems like a strange and interesting 'business' to be in, IMO....)    A few here have mentioned that it sounds like a scam but I'm guessing it's not that, as subrogation is a real 'thing'...

Assuming you've exhausted anything with your insurance company?  As mentioned by some on here, my opinion is that you should DEFINITELY get them involved.  At a minimum, so they have visibility to the goings-on.

In answer to your initial question regarding any lawyers that know about subrogation, it looks like all you're getting here is anecdotal advise and info. ;)   Short of your insurance company taking this on (since practically speaking, THEY are the ones who are covering your liability....), maybe do some Googling to try to find an attorney that would give you 15 minutes of consult time to see what sort of ground you're standing on.

Good luck!!!!

Thanks for all the replies. I have forwarded everything to my insurance company. Basically being told that what was offered in the settlement wasn’t enough. My claims guy said that he’s never seen them not accept. From what I know the company (as Stanley said) is an outside company that seems to be working with or bought the claim from geico. My claims person said if the company files suit that they’ll get involved. Just trying to be proactive and understand as much as possible if/when that happens.

• Like 4

I wouldn't worry about it. You should be fine.

34 minutes ago, Curtis Reed said:

This is what liability insurance is for. It’s their problem.  I find it odd that they are contacting you directly and not your insurance company.

Agreed. My insurance company knew nothing of it until I contacted them.

7 minutes ago, muledeerarea33? said:

Agreed. My insurance company knew nothing of it until I contacted them.

Are they going after you personally because your limit of liability is not enough to cover what the damages are?

• Like 1