Sign in to follow this  
muledeerarea33?

Accident attorney

Getting blamed for an accident. 4 car pile up. Driver in the front got cited, I was in the back. Any lawyers here that know about subroclaims? Thanks in advance. I may need an attorney.

7 minutes ago, Curtis Reed said:

If there are no major injuries, let the insurance companies sort it out.

Tried that. Accident was almost 2 years ago. Just now getting asked for extra money by other drivers outside insurance agencies/ subrogation people.

Still should be covered, tell them to go pound sand, you were not at fault. Were they injured in original report.

22 minutes ago, wildwoody said:

Still should be covered, tell them to go pound sand, you were not at fault. Were they injured in original report.

I’ve been nicely telling them that. Reason I need a lawyer. Lawyers job is to tell them to pound sand and other choice words. And no injuries at all, only property damage.

• Like 1

I think most accident attorneys want to push liability and collect  money, not defend and protect money.  I agree with the above, insurance companies usually have very conservative, no BS attorneys in the lineup that don’t cave. You paid for insurance use it.

• Like 2

Just don't respond to them anymore after you tell them you are getting an attorney and you won't communicate with them now. Usually works ... then get an attorney if you still get calls.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, muledeerarea33? said:

Tried that. Accident was almost 2 years ago. Just now getting asked for extra money by other drivers outside insurance agencies/ subrogation people.

That sounds like you’re being targeted by a scam for sure.  I would call local PD and report it. You have no obligation to pay outside of insurance settlements. It’s possible that someone not even involved in the accident got a hold of your accident report and are trying to get money out of you claiming to be the other driver.

Getting a lawyer is just going to cost you money. Police report is free and the police can tell them to pound sand.  Make sure if you call PD emphasize that you think you’re being scammed. If you come at them like it’s a civil dispute they won’t help (because it’s civil/no crime)

Have you called your insurance agent?  what did they say?

• Like 1

Don't worry Daniel in about 3 years some scammer is going to bump this post and have some great advice for you!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, wildwoody said:

Unfortunately he was to a certain degree at fault. We learned probably 30 years ago about comparable negligence in a similar accident where my wife wasn’t cited but we were assigned a certain percentage of liability. Basically for getting out of bed that morning she was considered partially liable. But yeah I’d ignore until they show whether there’s enough money involved to push it personally and he gets served or a certified mailing. I doubt it

• Like 1

11 hours ago, muledeerarea33? said:

Getting blamed for an accident. 4 car pile up. Driver in the front got cited, I was in the back. Any lawyers here that know about subroclaims? Thanks in advance. I may need an attorney.

Was this case settled at one point? If so, what did the settlement agreement state? Being that this was 'almost' two years ago, this tells me it may have not been settled yet, as the statute of limitations for filing a claim for a car accident is 2 years. 

1 hour ago, Sky Island junkie said:

Unfortunately he was to a certain degree at fault. We learned probably 30 years ago about comparable negligence in a similar accident where my wife wasn’t cited but we were assigned a certain percentage of liability. Basically for getting out of bed that morning she was considered partially liable. But yeah I’d ignore until they show whether there’s enough money involved to push it personally and he gets served or a certified mailing. I doubt it

Ya ya its 50% his fault because he left home bla bla. Not disrespecting you but I've heard this ins crap before. This was completed 2 years ago. Its done. Sorry about the wife..

22 minutes ago, dmoto said:

Was this case settled at one point? If so, what did the settlement agreement state? Being that this was 'almost' two years ago, this tells me it may have not been settled yet, as the statute of limitations for filing a claim for a car accident is 2 years. 

If it wasn't settled yet there ins company would be contacting him. Go to the police, scam

4 minutes ago, wildwoody said:

Ya ya its 50% his fault because he left home bla bla. Not disrespecting you but I've heard this ins crap before. This was completed 2 years ago. Its done. Sorry about the wife..

It actually happened almost 2 years ago so there’s the whole statute of limitations thing. I just try to educate myself best I can before giving an attorney a dime. Yeah that comparable negligence thing is a load of crap!

• Like 2