Sign in to follow this  
Coues&Browns

Elk Points

1 hour ago, Coues&Browns said:

Is there anyone out there that has 16 or more resident elk points that would be interested in putting in with me? I will make it worth your while. Dm if interested please 

How many points do you have?

I have 25.  It's almost a running joke at this point......

1 hour ago, sjvcon said:

I have 25.  It's almost a running joke at this point......

You been putting in for 23?

Sorry to say for some folks  around here need a little more history to make that commitment.  and what unit you looking for, someone gona lose there bonus pass

• Like 2

the game, which I hate, is you buy the point guard, the dude pays thousands to you so he can bump up his bonus points to get his desired tag, you apply point guard and get your points all back and apply next year.  There's a dude that gets 23 late rifle every other year or so this way. 

On 1/25/2024 at 4:16 PM, CatfishKev said:

You been putting in for 23?

23 a lot.  Also a few years in 27 and 3A/C.  Last year 10.  Was drawn in 9 in '21 but my Mother in Law was on her death bed and I could not leave that to hunt.  So I have Pt Guarded my 1x already.  This year and every year forward will be 23S.  I have no shot for 2-3 more years........

On 1/26/2024 at 12:10 PM, bojangles said:

the game, which I hate, is you buy the point guard, the dude pays thousands to you so he can bump up his bonus points to get his desired tag, you apply point guard and get your points all back and apply next year.  There's a dude that gets 23 late rifle every other year or so this way. 

Man does this really happen? Is this legal? Shitty system manipulation. But its always about money! What a shitty world

3 hours ago, couesdeerhntr said:

Man does this really happen? Is this legal? Shitty system manipulation. But its always about money! What a shitty world

The "System"  has been getting abused for decades. Parents and grandparents who never intend to hunt putting in just to accumulate points then turning over the tag to a kid. People feigning injuries so they can get a crossbow permit.

If you can't pull a bow back anymore then rifle hunt or take up fishing.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, PRDATR said:

The "System"  has been getting abused for decades. Parents and grandparents who never intend to hunt putting in just to accumulate points then turning over the tag to a kid. People feigning injuries so they can get a crossbow permit.

If you can't pull a bow back anymore then rifle hunt or take up fishing.

Pretty judgey of you.
The crossbow permit was put in place for people with an 85% disability in their ability to shoot a bow by AZGF.  So, anyone who can’t shoot a bow anymore should just have to give up the September hunts? All OTC opportunities as well?  Disabled vets included? I had three shoulder surgeries for various injuries, I guess I faked them all. Had more than few months I couldn’t have cast a fishing rod, much less fought a fish.

If I finally draw another antelope tag when my grandson is old enough to hunt and choose to transfer the tag to him while I’m alive, and able to share the  excitement of a new hunter getting to hunt  an animal that would take him possibly into his 40s to draw on his own makes me guilty of “abusing” the system, I’ll abuse it.

you left out the CHAMP permit group, I guess the mobility impaired are abusing it as well. If you can’t walk , stay home!

Enjoy your view from up there on your soapbox. 

• Like 10