Kazz20

Who’s building y’all’s custom rifles?

Todd at Southern Express  has built two customs for me and worked another two rifles for upgrades. He is 100% honest and does fantastic work. Can't go wrong here...

Custom 284 .jpg

• Like 3

6 hours ago, AZBIG10 said:

Walmart or yellow front

Man I miss Yellow Front!! Bought my first fishing pole there. First thing I bought with money earned from my paper route. A 6’ white fiberglass spinning rod that has sent thousands of trout to my belly over the last 40 years! 

I’ll be the odd one out that got burned by Axis. I’ve sent my stuff since then to Idaho with Matt Whaley at Whaleyprecision. Bought a barreled action from Dave that Phoenix custom’s built that shot phenominal. Todd at Southern Express bore scoped it went I shot it out and was a great help. Find someone you get along with and get it built. You’ll have the addiction soon and have more built than you know what to do with!

5 minutes ago, Camofreak said:

In Phoenix, Arrowhead rifles has built all of ours. Nothing but good rifles from him. 

He spun me a muzzleloader barrel. It is incredible how well that barrel shoots! I only shoot blackhorn, never messed with smokeless but it is easily a sub .5 moa for three shots at 100 yards with blackhorn.

• Like 1

Axis

Have had two Rem 700 built by Southernxpress! Todd is a great guy and does awesome work. Also purchased a full costume rifle from a guy that was built by Axisworks. All shoot lights out! 

Screenshot_20240130_182510_Instagram.jpg

20240119_152444.jpg

Screenshot_20240130_182536_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20240130_182455_Instagram.jpg

• Like 2

Todd built my Muzzie. Approximately 354 yard shot with a cross wind and perfect! 300 grain 45 cal. Arrowhead bullets. Now that's a rifle!

Screenshot_20240130-185857.png

Screenshot_20240130-191130.png

Screenshot_20240130-185745.png

• Like 2

I gotta recommend Austin at Kota Precision in Prescott Valley. Austin is also a seasoned guide. He is an FFL SOT and can order suppressors for you. I have a .28 Nosler from him that is amazing.

He will work with you to make a rifle that is suited for your needs in whatever caliber you desire. 

“My focus is lightweight backpacking stuff. Building on defiance and Falkor actions, proof barrels, MDT chassis and McMillian stocks. Outfitted as light and accurate as possible”

2A438317-8A66-43EF-A243-AD8825BB3416.jpeg

IMG_0553.jpeg

IMG_0499.jpeg

IMG_0557.jpeg

IMG_0558.jpeg

The video is my 12 year old daughter shooting my .28 Nosler from Kota. It shoots Factory Hornady Precision Hunter 162gr ELD-X @ 3385 FPS, best groups I can manage (Im not that great) is just above 1/2 moa.

20 hours ago, AZBIG10 said:

Walmart or yellow front

My dad bought me my first Daisy BB gun at the Yellow front on Main in Mesa. I still remember it like it was yesterday! My first backpack, sleeping bag... everything from there or the old Peterson's Sporting goods in downtown Mesa. The good ol' days for sure :)

Another SX Rifle... My dream 7Mag.791343514_DreamGun7Mag.thumb.jpg.f710211aa4100425a8dcec98840152ed.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cambow said:

My dad bought me my first Daisy BB gun at the Yellow front on Main in Mesa. I still remember it like it was yesterday! My first backpack, sleeping bag... everything from there or the old Peterson's Sporting goods in downtown Mesa. The good ol' days for sure :)

In deed the good  ol days. My first crank-bait came from Yellow front.A gold crank bait that was destined to catch every LMB at canyon lake. Rigged up to a Zebco classic. The fish didn’t have a chance 🤣