Coues Archer

What type of drop away rest!

Hey guys i was at a bow shop this weekend and I am really thinking about getting a drop away rest. But I'am looking for drop away rest that would best fit a short axle bow that is 29 ATA. Any ideas about a great drop away at a price range of $75 or below. Please help!

I have been shooting the PSE phantom. Its ugly but it shoots well and your arrow cannot fall off of it. They usually run about $60. The key with fall-aways is to make sure they are staying up until the last instant before your vanes hit them for the best performance.

Limbdriver is just over your price limit, but man is it a sweet rest. I haven't the slightest clue about setting these things up, and even I had it shooting perfectly in less than 5 minutes. It is idiotproof, and performs flawlessly. I love mine, just wish it had a full containment option at times.

My 1st choice of all that I have shot would be the NAP smart rest. I have used and shot quite a few. It is on sale here for 69.99. 2nd choice would be the trophy taker regualy arm, I have 1 of ea. of these on different bows. The Smart rest is super micro adjustable and easy. With the smart rest I do not use an arrow guide on the front, the big vee picks up my arrow every time. Vee is plastic so it is much quieter at the shot. LOVE MINE!!!

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/template...rset=ISO-8859-1

I have an AAE cavalier avalanche. You want to talk about a great drop away this is the one. It sells for 58.34 here at this web site

http://www.eders.com/products/aaecavalier-...ay-rest-rh.html

Good luck on your search. ;)

I agree with azcouesandelk and coocoo4coues......... Trophy taker. I have been shooting that rest for years with no problems and it shoots fantastic. Its not the full containment one but I have never needed that. I have a small rubber arrow holder on the riser shelf that holds my arrow until I draw.

I shoot the QAD Ultra-Rest Pro and love it. Now i will warn you up front it is somewhat pricey (around the $130 mark) but it is definately a sweet rest.

Be careful of the drop aways if you have a short brace height bow. I learned the hard way. I have a trophy taker that I am happy with functionally but it just doesn't get out of the way of the arrow fast enough on my new bow and the tail end of the fletchings hit. Ended up switching to a Whisker Biscuit.

If you are interested in the trophy taker I will make you a deal on it, just send me a PM.

Be careful of the drop aways if you have a short brace height bow. I learned the hard way. I have a trophy taker that I am happy with functionally but it just doesn't get out of the way of the arrow fast enough on my new bow and the tail end of the fletchings hit. Ended up switching to a Whisker Biscuit.

If you are having those types of problems, you may want to look into the spot hog Whammy..

It may get it out of the way sooner.

hello - i picked up a new drop away rest - or should i say fall away - Shur Drop - $49 fairly easy to set-up no strings/ cords or inertia - simply holds arrow for draw and drops forward in the first few inches of arrow travel - - minor things to get accustomed - you must manally set holder /arrow for draw and let down needs improvement - i just mounted one of the cushion arrow holders in the front - works flawless so far ! - can be seen at --

www.deltaarcherycompany.com

Gary

You know i was looking at all the drop away rests you guys mentioned and the QAD Ultra-Rest Hunter Fall-Away Arrow Rest really caught my attetion and it is only $50 bucks. Do any of you guys know much about this arrow rest.

I have this fall away and it works great on sale at Cabelas AAE Lightning Arrow Rest Item:OG-418096

Reg: $49.99

Sale: $14.88

have had no problems with trophy taker