Sign in to follow this  
Tbar

4B OTC elk

10 hours ago, idgaf said:

It took four days just to see an elk

What's the access  like ? Would  it be worth  the time  to dig out the s x s and haul it up. We only use it for travel to a spot then on foot  and haul out. I took  my quad to Colorado  once what a waist of fuel.  Can't  use them at all  it seems. 

48 minutes ago, Crazymonkey said:

What's the access  like ? Would  it be worth  the time  to dig out the s x s and haul it up. We only use it for travel to a spot then on foot  and haul out. I took  my quad to Colorado  once what a waist of fuel.  Can't  use them at all  it seems. 

I'm not the right person to ask. I think if you use a sxs you need to have your hunting license taken away.  Roads are dust with some rock shelfs. There were alot of hunters, I saw over 30 this weekend. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

In terms off terrain, no 4B is not like CO. I turkey hunted it hard last fall for 5 days. I saw zero elk, zero turkeys except hens with young, and only a couple mule deer. Every tank I found was dry as a bone. I would not recommend hunting it for elk unless you have recent intel 

18 minutes ago, Shedhunter87 said:

In terms off terrain, no 4B is not like CO. I turkey hunted it hard last fall for 5 days. I saw zero elk, zero turkeys except hens with young, and only a couple mule deer. Every tank I found was dry as a bone. I would not recommend hunting it for elk unless you have recent intel 

Are you the original shed hunter?? Or just added 87. Welcome

36 minutes ago, Shedhunter87 said:

Colorado  has strict  rules  for sxs use and all but a very  small number  of places can u use it. It wasn't  worth  the time to take it . I'm not asking  for any spots I'll due my own work  . Just seeing  if it's even  worth bringing  it is all . I'm by no means  a road hunter and absolutely  hate  the guys that seem to just troll the roads at dawn and dusk in the hopes  of shooting  something. I'll take a look  at some  maps and onx  and decide  for myself.  

1 hour ago, jdown said:

I feel the same way about people shooting to far and wounding stuff

I'm with you!  I don't like 6.5 Creedmoor hunters either!

7 hours ago, idgaf said:

I'm with you!  I don't like 6.5 Creedmoor hunters either!

Hay!!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, AZBIG10 said:

Why this thread evwn exist? Cool otc elk. Tell ur friends. Not the internet.

Do really think because they buy a tag they will find elk?  The amount of miles and days I've put in to pattern while most are doing something else is the difference. 

For the record my 4b bull from last year

20230722_070547.thumb.jpg.1a5298468e406fcd1e84d480332cc63e.jpg

• Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Wow! 1