coocoo4coues

Time for a new bow

. I also like the new PSE bows, but that is not true that you can shoot 1 pin out to 40 yds accurately with the new x-force. At leaste not with any normal weight arrow and 100 grain head at 70 lbs. But they are dang nice bows.

I'm sure that people who own and shoot the x-force may be able to prove this quote wrong - heres one

1 pin zeroed at 30 is good from point blank range out to 40 yards without hold adjustments. I have 5 pins sighted in on my xforce from 20-100 yards. See my sig for my bows specs.

Muskegon Bowman inc.<----Join the club!

07' X-Force-70#DW-29"Dl

380 Grain CF Radial X-Weave Pro 300's/381 Grain CE Maxima 350 3D select......347fps=102 ft/lbs KE

here's another comment of a x force owner;

When they talk about 1 pin to 40 yards it is keeping the impact inside the vitals of deer which is about 9 inches. With my X6 (60# 28" DL 382g arrow)my only pin is 30 yards, at point blank I hit right at 1 1/2" high at 40 I am 3" low. What it does with sighting in like this it takes some of the yardage out of play and keeps the archer/hunter from taking a marginal shot at longer distances. End result is if it is under 40 yards I hold dead on and deer is down.

I can probably post lots more but what i stated about 1 pin out to 40 yards is the norm from the information i get !!

Gary

Catch Us If You Can..... my 75# PSE Mach-X can easily catch a Mathews and is WAY more compact in size (not in width but all other dims) :ph34r:

On another note the absolute smoothest recoiless bow I have ever shot was a Browning Illusion.

Guest bearmtnsports

we are on Southern Ave in between Stapley and Mesa Dr on the south side of the road our number is 480-926-7161 ask for Will , Rex or Ed thanks man , and i have all the mathews down here for you to try out

1 pin out to 40 yards is the norm

This isn't anything like the 300 magnum that shoots so fast that one can hold dead-on out to 800 yards? :ph34r: :blink: ;)

Nothing can beat the BEST grip from PSE I have a pse firestorm x and wow I am suprised with the results of having one pin to 30 yards. Its fast, extremely smooth/forgiving, and really silent. Can't go wrong with it.

Ok, it's time for me to retire the old bow and get something that was built this decade.

The floor is open to your recommendations. ;)

i got a Diamond Marquis from Broken Arrow archery and with the set up i got i'm very happy and is avery smooth shooting bow if you like go to huntersfriend.com and go on bows comparisons and get on idea.

good luck

I was shot ing Black Ice was okay but never bonded well with it and moved into the Marquis and love it, also shot an Elite and I feel that is my next bow, but it's all up to what feels good in your hand, A lot of these guys keep writing that but you was "bond and be one" with your bow so try as many as you can before you buy, it's a big chunk of change to buy a new bow be sure you will be happy good luck Andy

Buy a new Mathews, Bowtech, PSE, and you wont be disappointed whatsoever. These companies kick butt with some seriously great offerings. I am partial to Mathews myself only because mine has never done wrong by me. I have seen some high dollar hoyts have problems so I won't add them to the list.

I would buy and shoot anything from those those three companies. Plus you can get a one or two year old bow for hundreds less if you look around.

Headache

Could you be a little more specific on the problems with the high dollar Hoyts? IMO And its just that my opinion but I have not seen problems with Hoyt that could ever stack up to the pile of limbs that have been replaced on Bowtech and the PSE's of the past.And before I get blasted for the limb thing I know there are a ton of guys that have not had a problem with there bows I'm just saying if you look at the other sites like AT and others there just seems to be more of a problem with some companies more than others. Compared to the number of bows sold the number of bows with problems is small but anything can happen with any bow no mater who makes it.

Sorry it took me so long to reply, I have been uber-busy.

My hunting buddy has a Hoyt Supertech and it has had problems (a few times) with breaking some sort of plastic thing on the cams. . . .

Another hunting buddy I know shot a hoyt for about one season then bought a Mathews (don't know the model but it was like $800) and he had a broken part somewhere I can't remember. I never really pay attention when someone's Hoyt breaks, partly because I have brain damage and cant remember crap, and partly because I shoot Mathews so I don't pay attention to that brand. Its kind of like when I drive my Ford past a Chevy broken down along side the road . . . I don't remember why it was broke, I only noted that it was broke, thus reinforcing my own theories and predispostions that I am shooting a higher quality product ha ha ha.

Also I can vouch for the guys at Bear Mtn Archery, they are good guys to deal with. They will treat you right.

How does your hunting buddy treat his equipment?? Cant just toss them around. Im just kidding. I have had mathews and never had a problem with anything breaking on it.

P.S. Chevys Kick butt.... But in reality we should all stick together on american made cars. Keep them in business because if they go under who do we rely on for our heavy equipment when WW3 comes around??

How does your hunting buddy treat his equipment?? Cant just toss them around. Im just kidding. I have had mathews and never had a problem with anything breaking on it.

P.S. Fords Kick butt.... But in reality we should all stick together on american made cars. Keep them in business because if they go under who do we rely on for our heavy equipment when WW3 comes around??

Ha ha and its totally the opposite, he never has even dropped his bow, he takes great care and I am the one who tossed stuff around.

If WW3 comes around we all die. Hope you have been praying . . . . . I have.

With all of the technology available today, all of the top manufacturers make excellent bows, some of us are brand loyal.

I have been shooting PSE bows since the late 1970's. In 1996 I purchased the much acclaimed PSE G-Force, which was then heralded as the fastest bow in the PSE line. I did not test fire that bow before I bought it and I ended up hating that bow. It just did not fit my shooting style or form becuase of the particular brace height. The string always slapped my forearm no matter how I held it.

The next year I bought a PSE thunderbolt with lightning cam and have been shooting that bow ever since, it is reasonably fast, forgiving, and has never broke on me, and it is easy on strings and cables.

The moral of the story is to make sure you test fire a variety of bows to see what fits you the best. Just remember that the super fast bows with dual cams require excellent shooting form and are not as forgiving to shooter error , so to speak, and they also require more maintenance and tuning.

I just dont believe the one pin to 40 yds thing. I would love to see it and be proved wrong.

I have an X-Force Dream Season now and I say... don't believe it. One pin for 30 and under but 30 & 40 deserve separate pins in my opinion. That is unless you're shotting 80lbs and a 200 grain arrow. Then you could probably get away with one pin. But with a 400'ish grain arrow at 60 or 70 lbs... there is enough difference to justify separate pins, again IMO.

cmc