CraigK

Slick Trick: Standard or Vipertick for Elk

Anyone have experience with either of these heads? Recommendations or thoughts on each?

I’ve killed a pile of critters (excluding elk)with the standard 

but my recommendation for elk are 100g grave diggers

• Like 1

Slick Trick Magnums. I've shot 3 into 2 elk and performance on all 3 has been perfect. The first bull had no idea where I was and offered me a second shot so I took it. Second bull took one at 56 yards and was dead in 15 seconds and within sight. Amazing performance on both. Two of the three blew through, the third hit a rib on the way in and a rib on the way out and was bulging the skin on the off side, but didn't exit. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, oz31p said:

I’ve killed a pile of critters (excluding elk)with the standard 

but my recommendation for elk are 100g grave diggers

This right here, 100g Grave Diggers.  Get the extreme chisel tip.  We have killed multiple elk with these, along with deer and pigs.  The cut into the elk is huge and catches a lot.  

This elk made it 125 yards.  Most have bled similar.  

IMG_5231.jpeg

• Like 1

Thats an impressive distance with that much trauma and blood loss. Neither of the bulls I killed bled like that, but neither went 125 either. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

Thats an impressive distance with that much trauma and blood loss. Neither of the bulls I killed bled like that, but neither went 125 either. 

He went on an instant death sprint.  Seems like they all do the same thing when we have used that broadhead, but most don’t make it far and bleed a lot.  

Slick Trick 125 grain standard, 425 grain arrow, 290fps  at 52 yds. Went through both scapula of a 320 bull.

IMG_2352.JPG

• Like 2

Slick tricks are great and tough to beat. 

One other broadhead to consider is the QAD Exodus.  A fantastic overall broad head that just works

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Coueser said:

Slick tricks are great and tough to beat. 

One other broadhead to consider is the QAD Exodus.  A fantastic overall broad head that just works

I’ve been watching some videos on the Exodus lately… looks pretty awesome and dang tough. I need to just bite the bullet and buy a pack of each and see which shoot best with my set-up. 

1 hour ago, CraigK said:

I’ve been watching some videos on the Exodus lately… looks pretty awesome and dang tough. I need to just bite the bullet and buy a pack of each and see which shoot best with my set-up. 

My bet would be on slick tricks. They are freaking amazing. I once missed my target ran the Slick Trick into my brick wall through the air of away and continued to use the broadhead.

12 hours ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

My bet would be on slick tricks. They are freaking amazing. I once missed my target ran the Slick Trick into my brick wall through the air of away and continued to use the broadhead.

That is pretty impressive!

Standard 100 gr are my go to fixed blade . Tough and durable and they fly great with my set up .. I’ve also had good results with the mechanical 2” swacker and the 1 1/2” sevr. 

1 hour ago, Grugle said:

Standard 100 gr are my go to fixed blade . Tough and durable and they fly great with my set up .. I’ve also had good results with the mechanical 2” swacker and the 1 1/2” sevr. 

Alittle high ….40 yard blood trail

IMG_0546.jpeg

• Like 2

Neither shoot 2 blade iron will solid or 2 blade ozcuts