scoutm

What tricks have you learned from other in camp?

Don't pee uphill barefoot... That's all I've got to offer so far.

• Haha 1

peanut butter, honey, and bacon on wheat toast. you can make several ahead of time because bread doesn't get soggy.

i put my clothes in my sleeping bag with me at night so they're warm in the morning.

during archery season i keep an extra release aid buckled to a loop on my backpack because as soon as i take the one on my wrist off #1 it always takes awhile to find it, and #2 thats the only time a jackrabbit or coyote will stand still.

We made a cool water pump for camp. I had an extra water pump out of a motor home, you wire it up for your 7 round plug on the bumper. Use clear tubing to insert into a five gallon bottle and pump out water however needed, the five gallon jug sits on the tailgate next to the pump, you can add water to your camper, rinse a deer off, shower or whatever.

Oh my how times have changed. The first page or two of this from 2009, baiting is now a no no, and the hunting fitness forum has made boca burgers popular again, good post, not sure how I missed it all these years

For a sure fire starter fill an empty tin can full of gas and push the dirt up around it. Then stack your fire wood around it and then light it with a match or lighter. The key is to keep the can completely full. Only the gas fumes will burn and it won't blow up like gas thrown on your wood. It will burn for a long time and will get your wet wood going. Gas doesn't burn/just the fumes. Try it and you will be amazed. If it scares you then throw the match in on the can. I thought the guy was insane the first time I witnessed it myself. smile.gif

TJ

Have any of you seen a SoBe bomb? Or a Post Hole Vegee Rocket? For campfire entertainment.

Dont try this until you have instructions.

I came up with an idea a few years ago for keeping your fresh water on your camper from freezing. Most campers have the outside shower, I disconnected the shower hose. I then added a longer hose to reach the fresh water fill. Turn the hot water on for the shower and re-circulate back into your tank. In 15 to 20 degree weather, I would do this 2 or 3 times a day. Worked for me.

if ya don't have a locking rear diff and your stuck with one tire spinning:

Get a lasso affixed around the offending tire and tie it off to a tree in the direction you want to go (forward or backward). The tire wont spin and will wind the rope or tie down strap around the tire as you go, moving you out of the hole.

• Like 2

MRE bombs...great way to empty out a navy corpsman tent in the middle of the night...except they thought it was real gas and called in a medivac..got in a little trouble for that one.