scoutm

What tricks have you learned from other in camp?

Can you post pictures of the bungie strapsof the protective caps. This is always been an issue with me.

Thanks

Terry

Here you go...

post-1361-1234495915.jpg

post-1361-1234495935.jpg

A chair with a hole cut in it for the "nature" calls. Much better than squatting:)

A chair with a hole cut in it for the "nature" calls. Much better than squatting:)

So true, so true :lol:

I must have been an old dog this year :(

If you didn't learn any I'm sure you must have taught a few....what were they?

Another option is to take an old milk crate and cut a hole out of the bottom of it, then attach a toilet seat to it. Your squatter gets moved wherever you need it to with no clean up.....unless you're eating some of that soy that a dude mentioned earlier....

Heat a rock (round river rock best) in the fire.

Let cool for about 45min. or more

than put in the foot of your sleeping bag.

Toasty toes :D

My favorite is that there is only one thing better than a cold beer.

That is FREE cold beer :rolleyes:

I couldn't agree more!! haha

By the way, Mike, did you get my PM??

Truer words were never spoken! ;)

I learned than on an over night trip a big Carnitas or Carne Asada Burro from Alfonso's Mexican Food Restaurant (or equivalent)... wrapped in foil is AWESOME when reheated on the hot rocks of a camp fire! Better than out of a can food, freeze dried, or having to haull meal fixin's with you. ;)

A shortcut that really impressed me was using a ROAD FLARE to light the wood stove in a wall tent. I learned that from a buddy who came down from Utah to hunt.

It must get cold in Utah. ;)

Heres a couple I do.

I will either grill 2 whole chickens or buy them at Walmart. Split them and place them in a vacuum sealed bag freeze them. When I cook them in camp just put them in a pot of boiling water. Usually a half of chicken per hunter.

I also will bread up cube steaks seal them a vaccum bag freeze them. I will then fry them up for chicken fried steaks.

We also use tie down straps for game skinning. We put the hooks through the skin behind the tendon then tie them off.

Hey Gino,

Haven't had Alfonso's in a while......Gonna send some down south for previous Rimmer???? :rolleyes:

Always lookin' for a reason to head down your way, Bud!! ;) ...and when I do I'll bring you Alfonso's of your choice!! Hope life is good in your neck of the woods! If you are heading to the ISE I will be there on Sunday... Best of luck in the draw!

Take the bug sprayer bottle and paint it black for hotter water!

• Like 1

For a sure fire starter fill an empty tin can full of gas and push the dirt up around it. Then stack your fire wood around it and then light it with a match or lighter. The key is to keep the can completely full. Only the gas fumes will burn and it won't blow up like gas thrown on your wood. It will burn for a long time and will get your wet wood going. Gas doesn't burn/just the fumes. Try it and you will be amazed. If it scares you then throw the match in on the can. I thought the guy was insane the first time I witnessed it myself. :)

TJ