Sign in to follow this  
azhuntnut

sunday hunt

We took a father and son team out for a day of predator hunting on Sunday. On our first set, we had a coyote start to come in, but never showed up. On the second, a group of three came in at a jog, but dad wasn't able to get his scope on one and they came all the way to the caller. My partner was running the call and ended up dropping one at about thirty yards.

DSCN0099.jpg

The next set produced a single that Connor (9) clipped at about 200 yards with my partners AR, and then finished him off at 100 with his dads AR on the way to retrieve him.

DSCN0104.jpg

On our next set, we had a coyote a little interest, but he hung up at about 500 yards never giving the hunters a shot. We made several more sets, with only one producing a bobcat. Neither one of the hunters could see the cat, so he got away this time.

On our last set just before dark we managed to call in this year old dog at about the fifteen minute mark. He stopped about fifty yards out right in front of Connor. He made a perfect shot right behind the front leg with my partners AR.

DSCN0108.jpg

Here you can see a very proud dad with Connor, did I say this little guy was only nine. This kid can shoot.

DSCN0110.jpg

We finished off a great day of hunting with some barbecued cheesie brats. Connor managed to talk his dad into having a full body mount done for his bedroom. David

Now thats a hard day to beat! That is cool the Big little hunter is out there wackin dogs! Way to go Connor!