Sign in to follow this  
josh

Another Robert Cat Down

Instead of eating lunch today I made a nooner stand. After changing to my third sound at the 12 minute mark this tom charged to within a few feet of the Minaska M-1 and the Nova barked some #4 buck, and the cat was down.

Midday stands are treating me pretty well this season.

Nice cat Josh!

Can you explain some more about your methods of switching sounds? I call lots of dogs every year, but never once after switching sounds. I have only tried it a time or two when targeting cats, but no luck there either. I had basically succumbed to the idea that it simply doesn't work, until your post.

Anyway, congrats on the cat.

Blake, I change my sounds on almost every stand. Unless I have a critter that comes in fast. I use to change after ten minutes, but this year I change about every five. Sometimes I keep with the same type of sounds for example three different cottontail sounds just with different pitches. I think this sometimes will trigger a cat that maybe hung up. I have also called coyotes and fox after running one sound for a while then change and within a couple minutes the predator comes in.

Josh

nice cat. Im goin out friday see what happens

Man!!! You are Slayin' the cats!!! Congrats!!! How many is that this year??? Gotta be lovin' that good side money.... ;)

You know, you still save some for the rest of us. Have you been hunting in the same general area each time, or been moving around a bit? I am wonder if a small area can support that many cats. I know of an area that is only about 1 square mile and I know that it holds at least four cats that I have seen, and they all look healthy. David

Blake, I change my sounds on almost every stand. Unless I have a critter that comes in fast. I use to change after ten minutes, but this year I change about every five. Sometimes I keep with the same type of sounds for example three different cottontail sounds just with different pitches. I think this sometimes will trigger a cat that maybe hung up. I have also called coyotes and fox after running one sound for a while then change and within a couple minutes the predator comes in.

Josh

That is interesting, indeed! I guess I will have to put that one back on my "try it" list and see if I can get it to work. I haven't targeting bobcats in a long time. I have enough animals at the taxidermist right now waiting for me to finish paying. I know if I shoot another cat, I will add him to the list, so I specifically try not to call them in!! haha :lol: I slip up every now and then when I see an area that really looks good for cats, and I call it. Good thing for my wallet, I haven't done any good in those spots.

You going to do the Antelope Eater hunt this year? It's always a good time, even though the calling is pretty tough. I have done it the last 4 years.

Congrats.

Blake

Dang dude!!!! Take it easy on those poor things, ha ha ha.

Right on man!!