Sign in to follow this  

i finally succeeded

well, after about 50 years of shovelin', swingin' a sledge, maul and ax. ropin'. bow shootin'. throwin' curveballs. crawlin' in boilers and various other crappy places. i finally have to have a joint replaced. monday at 6 am. total joint replacement, right shoulder. titanium ball on the arm bone (it'll make ya flinch when the dr says he's gonna saw yer ball off!) teflon socket on the shoulder blade. they even hafta do some work on my collar bone. i ain't lookin' foward to it but i'm sick of not bein' able to do anything and sick o' the pain. see ya in a few weeks. Lark.

Sincere good luck Lark!

I know a couple of folks who have had joints replaced, and they have both been 100% satisfied with the results! One guy had hip replacement surgery and was playing golf 6 days later!!!! Said that he felt better 1 day after the surgery than he had in 2 years!!! I hope you have the same result!

Modern medicine can be amazing sometimes! ;)

S.

:)

Neighbor has had the shoulder and hip replacements. He's much better than before the operations. Recovery after the hip job was a matter of days.

Take care. If your shoulder is still tender come elk season, you should consider a 7mm-08 ;)

Doug~RR

Neighbor has had the shoulder and hip replacements. He's much better than before the operations. Recovery after the hip job was a matter of days.

Take care. If your shoulder is still tender come elk season, you should consider a 7mm-08 ;)

Doug~RR

post-1778-1236813079.gif

You owe me a key board

and a roll of paper towels to clean the monitor :lol:

Lark

God Bless and take care.

Man, I'm only 30 and I had my right shoulder worked on a couple of years ago. Doc said that it was the worst dislocation he had ever seen. The surgery I went through sounds minor to what you have ahead of you. Only suggestion I have for ya is do all of the stretches and exercises they have ya do, its not fun but will make a huge difference. Good luck man it is never fun to go through these things.

I'm sure he's got some kinda suthern rehab in line for after the surgery.

Good Luck Lark! Had me a shoulder surgery once and Dang they suck.

Cochran

My grandma is 82 and has had both hips replaced and just had her shoulder replaced two months ago and is doing great and no problems with any of them...but shes tough!! Good luck and speedy recovery

Lark, I wish ya the quickist recovery but you just had shoulder surgery didn't you??? Anyhow have fun with the nurses and dont let the sore shoulder keep ya from postin ;)