Sign in to follow this  
swcouesfanatic

Wider or taller? Which is better?

Mike,

I dont know if I have ever seen that buck! He is awesome! Tall, and heavy with big eyeguards! Awesome buck! What was his score?

I like the tall and wide ones with alot of mass. ;)

AMEN!!! All or nothin! ;) Gotta have it all to get to 120"..... and lets face we all want the 120's! ;)

Honestly I prefir length.... but, if he is wide that that helps.... every inch is improtant, but that length is really what matters to me! ;) Long G1's, 2's, 3's......and I'd really like some G4's with long beams!!!! Wide bucks often have potentially longer beams as well as the added spread.... so that is a bonus! ;) Oh.... and if they have junk... then they are generally a No Brainer!! ;) :lol:

Cody, the mount looks great... I hope you are still grinnin' every time you see him on the wall! ;)

Mike,

I dont know if I have ever seen that buck! He is awesome! Tall, and heavy with big eyeguards! Awesome buck! What was his score?

Not sure. I think i might have come up with a score just under 80 inches but I have zero trust in my scoreing abilities.

I prefer them proportional. No wider than high or vice-versa. A good balanced rack slightly wider than the ears is just about right to me - oh yeah and drop in a split brow tine and a dropper or two.

I personally like taller bucks better because they normally score better. I agree with the others, massive horned deer are even better. I make my annual trip back to the midwest to bowhunt whitetails every November, shot this dude last year in WI, wide as all get out (25 inside) but doesn't score worth a crap. We had all kinds of trail cam pics of him, we knew he was a 4 1/2 year old with some messed up genes, he got a little close while chasing a doe and I let him have it. Hope the pic works.

post-3277-1238704850_thumb.jpg

I've shot both and I don't know what that has to do with the taste. :lol: Yes, most on here think trophy size matters but that is only in the eyes of the beholder so that is out of the guestion. I prefer both on my grill. Now what was the guestion again? :unsure: ;)

TJ