coueselk

Congo Reptile

Here are a few photos from yesterday afternoon over here in the Congo. A nicely camo'd out snake. The Gaboon Viper. Was around 4 1/2' long and about as fat as a roll of paper towels.

post-19-1239429427_thumb.jpg

post-19-1239429529_thumb.jpg

post-19-1239429606_thumb.jpg

post-19-1239429669_thumb.jpg

post-19-1239429737_thumb.jpg

We tried to run it over with a truck, but missed on 4 attempts. Oh well, maybe next time.

You DONT want to get bite by that snake, Danny!! Largest fangs in the world and some potent venom to go along with those fangs as well.. Sweet pics though! Thanks for sharing them with us over here!

Saw a handful of puff adders and 2 spitting cobras on my trip to Zimbabwe last month..

Thanks for the photos Danny! Hope things are going well at Tenke. Tell my neighbor Jeff Goodman I said hello and that I'm keeping an eye out on his place for him.

Will do Scott. Everything going well over here. Made 1st copper a few weeks ago. Just can't wait to get a vacation. 7 more weeks to go then the kids and I are off on another African hunt for 10 days. Will be a well needed break out of here.

We came across a 4-foot Gabon viper in Zambia the last time I was there. Its coloration was totally different, so there must be regional differences. The one we found was extremely sluggish.

Bill Quimby