Coues 'n' Sheep

New Rigs??? Archery season is coming!

Just got done glueing the bamboo on to the face and back of the new longbow I'm building, when I get her completed I will send some photos. She should be very fast (for old school). This will be my new shooter this year for all the OTC tags I can pick up

What woods are you putting in the handle/riser?

I split a chunck of crotch walnut and inserted an 1/8" maple core, then chopped it up and inlayed a series of maple and red color core. The limbs ar cross banded maple with japanese bamboo face and back. Please feel free to shoot me a pm and I will send pictures of the project.

Best regards

Geoff

2009 Mathews Reezen, 27.5", set to 72 lbs, GoldTip 7595's with Blazers, 100gr Magnus Snuffer SS, Mathews Drop Zone, Fuse Quiver, Fuse 6.5 Carbon Connection, Spot-Hogg, 5 pin wrapped Hogg-it Hunter, Scott WildCat RCS.

After 14 years of applying for this unit as a first choice, ( we have drawn one tag since) Unit 1 Bull tag. Hopefully a great story to post come 11/24????????????

Wow. nice bows fellas I am shooting a 2007 pse firestorm x, whisker biscuit, top gun sight, alpine sofloc quiver, gold tip xt arrows, and muzzy mx-3 broadheads. KILLER SET UP! ;)

There are definitly several real nice new bows out there this year. Its fun to head to an archery shop and shoot them. I like the Elite, Reezen, DXT and X Force GX. The Hoyt AM32 was nice too. I know of a few guys buying new bows this year. It seems the Monster is the most popular, but the XForce GX and Reezen are getting alot ofinterest in my circles. If I were to get a new one, it would be between those two. The accessories out now are equally great and hard to choose.

i just went and picked myself up a hoyt katera. love it!! cant wait for deer and my antelope to come now. gotta love gettin a new bow

I just bought a Mission Eliminator. It is made by Mathews, but only costs 479. It shoots 306 fps with my arrows that weigh around 380gr. I have the trueglow exteme sights on it. My rest is a quick tune smart rest fall away. I shoot a gator jaw release, and gold tip xt hunters 55/75 with 4 inch feathers. My broad heads are steel force phat heads. It is the smoothest, quietest rig I have ever owned.

A few weeks back I was in Bull Basin and tried a few new bows out and was very impressed! So much so that I really want a new bow for the summer and next years deer hunts (since that is the only tag I can seem to get) <_< .... But I also saw some new sights and rests that I really liked and just thought it would be great to see what guys are setting up this year.... and what is the latest an greatest!!!

Post um' up!!!!

hey G, stay with MATHEWS, don't be a FOOL, well thats another weekend, go see dan at BOOTLEG in payson, just do it. don't forget to pay your BILL, HE HE HA HA iam just playing with ya, don't get all butthurt on me. i hope your safe from that wildfire you got going on.

INKYBLOBBOY13

A few weeks back I was in Bull Basin and tried a few new bows out and was very impressed! So much so that I really want a new bow for the summer and next years deer hunts (since that is the only tag I can seem to get) <_< .... But I also saw some new sights and rests that I really liked and just thought it would be great to see what guys are setting up this year.... and what is the latest an greatest!!!

Post um' up!!!!

hey G, stay with MATHEWS, don't be a FOOL, well thats another weekend, go see dan at BOOTLEG in payson, just do it. don't forget to pay your BILL, HE HE HA HA iam just playing with ya, don't get all butthurt on me. i hope your safe from that wildfire you got going on.

INKYBLOBBOY13

:lol: :P Next your gunna want me to pay Your BILL!!! :rolleyes: :lol:

I want to stay with Mathews... but Jeremy has been after me to switch... and I now that Hoyt has a bow that I like I might have to sell-out if the $$$ make it worth it. ;) One thing I do know is that I plan to buy that new True Ball sight that is similar to the Spot Hogg.... but better built! ;) If I go Mathews it will be a Monster.... want to try a speed bow on a coues! :D

Post um' up!!!!

INKYBLOBBOY13

:lol: :P Next your gunna want me to pay Your BILL!!! :rolleyes: :lol:

I want to stay with Mathews... but Jeremy has been after me to switch... and I now that Hoyt has a bow that I like I might have to sell-out if the $$$ make it worth it. ;) One thing I do know is that I plan to buy that new True Ball sight that is similar to the Spot Hogg.... but better built! ;) If I go Mathews it will be a Monster.... want to try a speed bow on a coues! :D

G, Dan has a MONSTER demo set up to shoot, please go look at one, i saw it weeks ago,way nice, your a big boy, tell Jeremy to take a hike. you can do it, give that MONSTER A SHOT, SPOT13

Just got word this morning that my new X-Force GX is in, going down to Tucson to pick her up on Saturday, I'll post some pics when she's all set up.

I got atleast 1k in a ross cardiac that I bought last year. It shoots just fine, and if it lasts anything like my PSE laser II, I should be good for another 10yrs. :P

post-3328-1240944851_thumb.jpg

Showed up at my door yesterday afternoon. 2009 Dreamseason GX, 80 lb limbs set to 75 lbs, 30 inch draw, phantom rest, PSE F35 sight, limbsaver S-coil stabilizer, PSE string stop, PSE cable guard dampener, limbsaver string and limb silencer kit, G5 3/16 peep, 7595 goldtip XT hunters, 100 grain montec G5 broadheads. Chronos at 328 f/s. I can't wait until August!!!!

post-1571-1240986515_thumb.jpg

post-1571-1240986524_thumb.jpg

post-2809-1241024926_thumb.jpg

after shooting hoyt for 12 yrs I tried this martin firecat and fell in love I.B.O is 345 fps 33 axle 3.6 lbs I am currently chronoing at 322 fps I have a trophy taker fall away rest Trophy ridge matrix sights alpine soft lock quiver gold tip xt hunter arrows with 3" quick spin st topped with 100 gr spittfires very deadly and a scott release

Bear Truth 72lbs

Gold Tip 5575

Toxonics 5pin

Drop Zone rest

S-coil

85gr Wac ems / 100gr Rage 2 blade

Not new, but the rig I plan to use on Elk, bears, and deer this fall.

Picture001.jpg

Picture004.jpg

I have an 09 Xforce GX 70 lb 28.5 in dl, set up with a limbriver rest, spot hogg 7 deadly pins sight, and b-stinger stabilizer shooting radial x weave 300's at about 330 fps. I will try to get some pics up as soon as i get a chance, but it looks like ur basic xforce gx ;)