You can form you own opinion... This is wild...

http://www.hsus.org/press_and_publications...dio_041409.html

I wonder if people are going to go after him like they went after Carrie Underwood...

J-

Unbelievable! I hope America's hunters let him know how little money and effort HSUS spends in the areas he did the audio spots for.

Bill Quimby

Just reading over that website makes me sick :angry: I guess in Hollywood, folks just don't get the picture of what life is all about.

:angry: What a piece of s*** ,i'm finding alot of people that were worth supporting becoming becoming someone i could really give a rat a** about anymore

Just give me my guns my freedom and keep your F***ing Change

Jason, I first thought you might be talking about the band. I'm not too surprised about that joker.

--Bill

Rush has a huge audience- mostly conservative I would think. I sent him an e-mail about hsus and told him to research this group further. He's always calling greenpeace and peta wakko groups. I don't know if he doesn't realize it but hsus is just as radical as the other 2 groups. Tell your friends to write, call and e-mail him and his company and express your views on his promotion of hsus. People are so busy with the fun things on this site they bypass the political section. It doesn't get the visits that it should. People need to realize that you have to WORK to keep things going well. People need to be told what's going on and to get involved. Everyone needs to be involved because someone wants to restrict your freedoms and TELL you what you should be doing. Get fired up and get involved before it's too late!!! :o

Last week I sent him an email asking about this. At this point no response.

For what it's worth, a few weeks ago when Carrie Underwood announced she was going to be donating money to HSUS Bill O'rilley mentioned it on his show and called her a "Patriot" for her donations.

Could both of these guys just be mis-informed or is something else going on?

This is a quote from that particular article, can someone explain to me what it means?

The HSUS is a nonpartisan organization dedicated to making ours a kinder world for animals. Among our 11 million supporters – one in every 28 Americans – are Republicans, Democrats and Independents.

Does it mean that 1/28 Americans are supporters or that 1/28 of their American supporters are "Republicans, Democrats and Independents"

And if that is the case, if only 1/28 of their American supportes are "Republicans, Democrats and Independents", then what are the other 27???

Foreigners, Illegals??????

Just curious :blink:

TAM...

That is a great question... In the old days we could say conservative equals pro-hunting/pro-gun rights.. BUT those days are over... We really need to look at the person. I do think we are in a battle but it is more of a Rural vs. Urban/Sub-Urban.... People that don't grow up in nature just don't understand nature.... Right now if you are keeping track of what is happening on the net alot of people are making excuses for Rush.... But he needs to be held to the same standards that he holds others too...

J-

I agree with the rural vs. urban, and while I think we have alot of hunters and supporters of hunting who live in the urban areas the traditions of hunting and fishing things like that I think that without the ground roots of having been raised in the rural setting hurts the hunting fishing numbers.

I have four boys, three of them hunt and enjoy hunting and fishing, the other one could care less. The one who doesn't like to hunt enjoys shooting with us when we have family shooting competitions, but just doesn't like to hunt. He doesn't care if we hunt but just doesn't like to hunt.

When he starts raising his family, the numbers will drop drastically, statistically speaking. His kids, even if they grow up in a rural setting are less likely to like hunting and fishing.

While my other boys kids stand a much greater chance of being hunters and fishers even if they grow up urban.

On the other side of rural is what I call the California affect. People who grew up in the big city, made big money, now want to go live the quiet life in rural Arizona. They bring their citified rules, building codes and animal loving thoughts and ideas.

They will eat a steak dinner grilled on a Sunday afternoon, but please don't kill a deer in the wild with a rifle or bow because that is inhumane.

It is a tough battle we are up against, shear numbers will kill the things we love to do in the outdoors, we are the minority...

I think Rush did not research this fully, but on the issues he helped promote, they align with many people.

Those domestic animal issues are the "Gotcha" issues.

The issues related to hunting and sportsman he never addressed and probably figured Peta was the Wacko side so HSUS is the right side.

Rush is to pompous and self absorbed for me to listen to for very long anyway. I think a lot of conservatives think so as well but his audience is bigger than his ego so maybe pomposity is in!

TAM...

That is a great question... In the old days we could say conservative equals pro-hunting/pro-gun rights.. BUT those days are over... We really need to look at the person. I do think we are in a battle but it is more of a Rural vs. Urban/Sub-Urban.... People that don't grow up in nature just don't understand nature.... Right now if you are keeping track of what is happening on the net alot of people are making excuses for Rush.... But he needs to be held to the same standards that he holds others too...

J-

Good point J.

Has anyone recieved any replies who sent e mails to Rush , was looking at the American Hunter magazine i recieved today has an article on HSUS s wish list ' what a joke' i could possible see him donate and not research , but to make 2 commercial for them no he has to no what there about he's no dummie and he ain't gonna jump into something without reasearch maybe does n't want to be an extremist or or an insobordinate to the obama admin