SouthernCouesHunter

Need Your Honest Opinions

I am having trouble deciding which bow to get. I have narrowed down my choices to 2 bows (1) Mathews Reezen 6.5 (2) PSE Bow Madness. Both bows shoot extremely well and are very fast. If money was not a deciding factor, which of the 2 would you buy and why?

Thanks.........

p.s. I currently shoot a Mathews SQ2 but I feel it is time to upgrade.

I do not know anything about either of those bows

and I do not know how Mathews warranty service is

but I have been so pleased with Pete Shepley and

his way of running a company I will not switch UNLESS

Something just feels so good I have to have it.

Not likely to happen since I do not do a bunch of shooting

and do not follow the hype or fun shoots.

My $.02

PSE ;)

I have shot PSE bows for the last 5 years, and would shoot nothing else. The service I have recieved at the PSE pro shop has always been excellent. I have not shot the new Madness bow, but have heard good things about it. I'm heading down to PSE next week to shoot one, if it's as good as advertised, I'll be coming home with one. You can't go wrong with PSE.

I shoot a Mathews DrenalinLD, I have owned 6 Mathews and 2 Hoyts in the last 9 years and am a huge Mathews fan. That being said the new PSEs are amazing. My brother has the Dream Season, last years model and has just recently started out shooting me for the first time ever. If I were to switch to another bow I think that would be it.

I shot the Bow Madness at Saguaro tackle and Archery in Tucson and enjoyed it. This will be my next bow for sure. I currently shoot an AR and the Bow madness is just as smooth and quiet ,but has about 30 ftps more with the same grain of arrow. I'm more into a forgiving bow that has excellent potential for accuracy. Never shot the reezen and Mathews does make a good product also, but my mind is set. Good luck in your quest.

I would say that your budget comes more into play. The more you spend (typically) the quieter, lighter, and faster the bow. If you can spring for it go matthews. I love my Switchback XT. I bought it in July of 2006 and just had the limbs replaced which were still under warranty just last month.

i got some good advice this year go to your local bowshop and shoot as many bows as he will let u and find out what u like....

My $.2... I like PSE. but it all comes down to what feels the best to you. Me, being a college student, price is a big issue and I feel with mathews you are bying a name and that name holds its value, a lot of people just want the name, probably because the bows are good shooters. But, basicly its not worth the extra money when you are talking about very little difference between the bows. I bought a PSE Tunderbolt X, 1 year old NIB, for $275, and just bought a mach X (2007) never left the shop, for my dad for $200. That Mach X still had price tags on it for $800.

But thats just me, if price wasn't an issue I may have a different opinion.

I have owned Mathews and now own the Bow Madness and love it! If you have shot both go with the one that feels the best to you ;) The draw cycle on the Bow Madness is like no other. I had the Switchback XT liked it very much as well, and I own the Diamond Marquie as well. Diamond is another great bow to shoot try them all and go with the one you like and can afford!

I have shot both bows and like the way both shoot. My main concern is forgiveness. Several years ago (before my SQ2) I owned a Bowtech Blackhawk. I loved the way it shot and thought it was the bow for me. However when I got it out in the field and started hunting with it, I found that it was not forgiving (buck fever) at distances over 40 yards. Shooting at a target under no pressure I had 2" groups, but under pressure I missed 9 straight shots. Figured out that the 28" axle-to-axle ratio was very unforgiving for me so I traded it in on the SQ2. I have had much better results with it (2 for 2 with this years shot being 60 yards). So with all of that said......

Which bow would be more forgiving? PSE Bow Madness or Mathews Reezen 6.5

My 2 cents, fill in the name:

________ is part of our local economy,

________ factory is in Tucson so you can walk in and walk out with parts, no shipping or wait

The other stuff (which IMO is not tangible):

________ makes the 'best' bow, according to the peanut gallery...

________ has the best customer service...

________ makes me feel all warm and fuzzy when I stroke the label...

My $.2... I like PSE. but it all comes down to what feels the best to you. Me, being a college student, price is a big issue and I feel with mathews you are bying a name and that name holds its value, a lot of people just want the name, probably because the bows are good shooters. But, basicly its not worth the extra money when you are talking about very little difference between the bows. I bought a PSE Tunderbolt X, 1 year old NIB, for $275, and just bought a mach X (2007) never left the shop, for my dad for $200. That Mach X still had price tags on it for $800.

But thats just me, if price wasn't an issue I may have a different opinion.

Good advice! I worked at the Pro Shop while I was in college and could never understand why the same people came in each year and bought the latest and greatest model. Must be a guy thing!

Go to the Pro Shop and have a peak.

I shoot the X Force and love it! I also have a Mach X and love that too!

Just my $.02

Hey southerncoueshunter this is Louie AKA Couse Archer! I can see you are deciding what bow to buy. I have never shot the reezen from mathews but i have shot the pse bowmaddness from what i have observed it seems that on long distance shots the pse seems to shoot better. Also it is very forgiving with the brace height it has at long distance shots. Another great thing about this bow is its not aggressive WHAT SO EVER. So if you were to ask me what bow you should get I would simply say the PSE Bowmaddness! ;)