I was sent some pics of these elk from a forum member. He can give you the details of these pics.

These elk apparently live out on the flats in the desert around Picacho Peak.

Elk-1.jpg

Elk-2.jpg

Elk-3.jpg

Amanda

That sure looks like the guy I jumped in another southern unit a year ago.

I have heard of guy's seeing them around the picacho are but never have

myself. Great job getting the pictures for us to see.

In the e-mail that was sent to me, it said another elk near casa grande. I don't know where the e-mail originated from, it was sent to me from a friend and he didn't know either.

That sure looks like the willcox area to me. What do you think treestandman. That is were I saw one a while back. They have that elk farm down there and have had a few get away. In the first picture I can even see the blimp that hovers over the border down there. :lol:

There are a lot of areas in the state that look like that, you may be right ARIZONA GUIDE, if somebody could identify the mountains in the background, we would have a better idea, until then we won't know unless somebody catches him or can talk to those cows. Where's Lark when you need him.

I don't know, they have an Elk hunt in unit 31 so it might be in around there. I have seen elk hanging out around 4 peaks and off barnhardts trailhead in the flats so I'm not too surprised to see one in the mesquites.

The willow fire pushed em out of the Madazhells into lower areas, we spotted a small herd at sunflower last year hitting that big water hole on some private property south west of bushnell.

Dan

Here we go again ! This is in unit 37a. I will tell you it is north of Park link drive and east of Newman mnt. This could also be so. Cal. but it is not it is 37a. If you are familure with the unit is on the north east side of the C.A.P.

While bear hunting unit 31 back in 2002 I saw a 6x7 bull bugling and rubbing his antlers on a prickly pear cactus. Got the whole thing on film. Just around the corner from that I saw 10 cows and one spike all together also. Pretty crazy! In Muley Crazy magazine, I think, there was a picture of a 5x5 bull that was killed down in Mexico a year or two ago.

Josh

I have jumped a cow and calf on numerous occasions down by Willcox when hunting pigs with my bow, so they can live and survive the desert.

Guest Ernesto C

Heck yea!! they can survive in a 120 degree heat. I got one in my trophy room and is still buglin!! Just dont tell you know who or they will try to add and elk hunt in unit 41 if you know what I mean. :angry: