Sign in to follow this  
singleshot

Rhino or Ranger

i have a 2009 800xp browning edition and its perfect for what we do. i have had 2 bulls in the bed and climbing out of a canyon and never bottomed out, out here for the otc elk tag one night and she did great. and what ever one you get make sure it has a winch or atleast throw one on it because they come in handy when your in a bad spot! oh ya and mine has a 3 inch lift and some wheel spacers and a UNI air filter and i have had it up to about 65 mph(im 6'2 230). it eats rhinos at the dunes. more clearence, more travel, more weight capacity, bigger bed, dump bed, and it can seat 3 adults without throwing seats in the bed and not on each others laps. i LOVE my ranger. check out some reviews on youtube. heres a couple pics when i first got it sorry but not the best pics of specifications but some pics.

post-7921-0-91175900-1341555245.jpeg

post-7921-0-32745800-1341555256.jpeg

post-7921-0-32426300-1341555269.jpeg

For hunting the Ranger. The dunes the Rhino, I have owned them both

i will buy an old jeep, cj5 or cj 7 , stripped just leave the 2 front seats, that is what i friend of mine did.

works better than any atv.

i will buy an old jeep, cj5 or cj 7 , stripped just leave the 2 front seats, that is what i friend of mine did.

works better than any atv.

yep they are so smooth driving up and down long stretches of dirt road. Suspension is awesome. Haha

Kawasaki teryx 4! They are awesome!

Tell me more about the Teryx...

kawasaki teryx ive had mine for years and I can make it threw anything I want with it. And stock has more tourqe and better suspension then any other. Very low mantiance, fires right up in 0 degrees, slightly widder base than the others as well. It was the top on the market when I bought it. Did alot of research before I bought it and very happy with it.

My buddy Harvey and I went in half on an older ranger (02). It only had 300 hours on it and it belonged to a good friend of mine.

Just bought it this week, but I have used it before on my hunts and also the previous owner's hunts. I've always loved this machine and I've been wanting to take it off his hands for years. Hopefully I'll be a "satisfied" Ranger owner after a few years.

post-754-0-40491000-1343497307_thumb.jpg

I've got a Ranger and absolutely love it. For the longest time I didn't get the appeal of side-by-sides but they are great for hunting and just cruising around forest roads. The only Rhino I've driven was absolutely awesome - BUT it was nowhere near stock. It had after market long travel supspension, all kinds of add-ons and upgrades. I don't even want to know how many thousands of dollars it took to get it like that.

My Ranger is stock - an '06 700 with a seat in the cargo box and I can fit a family of 5 (my sons are 15, 13 and 10) easily.

Both are great pieces of equipment. However some trails Ive come across the Ranger our friends had was to wide of a wheel base to fit through gates.

I've had a ranger now for two years and absolutely love it. It has taken me places that I would have never gone before. It is great to get in and cruise around the hills and will save your truck on wear and tear and gas. I don't think you could go wrong with either one.

Just left the ranch today. Used the ranger all weekend. It has never seen a paved road and has over 1900 hours on it. It is a 2002 model and has been used for everything a large ranch can throw at it. The floorboards cracked the first week, mine did also on my 2010. All in all it's been a great dependable machine.

Is it just me or does owning a quad make you a loser these days?

Nothing at all wrong with quads. They are great if you are by yourself. Personally, I've got a wife and 3 boys. We'd have to have an army of quads. One day I'd like to have a really nice jeep or older FJ. But for now, the Ranger has been a really great tool to get us all out there together.