Sign in to follow this  
king4wd

I keep hearing this nasty rumor....

Last year for over the counter archery deer. Anyone know if this is true? I keep hearing it all around Prescott.

I live in Prescott and haven't heard anything like that..... but you never know.

hello - heres the proposed chnages - scary reading - pretty mucgh lets them do anything they "deem" necessary - g&f revisions - doesnt cover deer archery persay

- but if they think too many animals are being taken by this method - boom its done for !!!

They got a clause that covers limiting all rut hunts period !!

A PDF version of the draft proposed revisions under consideration is available for review or downloading at www.azgfd.gov/huntguidelines on the right side of the page under the "what's new" heading.

http://www.azgfd.gov/h_f/hunt_guidelines.shtml

Gary

Wouldn't suprise me and have nothing to do with archers killing more than their share of animals. Let's see, an app fee and tag fee for a spring deer tag, then you can apply for a fall tag with new app and tag fees, then there'll be the new draw for late winter app and tag fee. Why should you get to hunt three seasons and only pay for two tags as it is now, you guys were way to spoiled when all you had to pay was for one tag and hunt three seasons.

Of course these are just rumors and I'm just joking, seriously, really.

Kent

if you are against it, send every commissioner an e-mail and let them know how you feel. only a few people show up to the rulemaking meetings and voice there opinions.

It wouldn't suprise me . but if you look at the rule change dates it l;ooks like the meeting is the first day of archery elk season. Please correct me if I am wrong.

GREED will get us everytime :angry: Also it looks like you're right on the date of the meeting (HUM!!!) SMELLS LITTLE FISHY AND NO BACK BONE ON THIER PART (GF)?

I ran into a G&F officer a year ago and asked him about that he said that it wouldn't happen for quite sometime then this last years draw had app. tags for certin units so it's hard to say but I don't think they'll go stated wide for awhile. Kiabab had an annual couple thousand hunters just for the August archery hunt so you can kinda see why the put that unit into a draw system.

If this is instituted G+F will lose money big time. Not only will residents not buy two tags, but I believe many non residents will stop forking over the $200 dollar NR license fee when they realize that the Over the counter Archery back up plan is over. I think many NR pay the 200 dollar license fee to have a small chance of drawing a trophy ELK or antelope tag with the idea that if their not drawn they will come out for a trophy deer archery hunt. I know that is my strategy when I pay $70.00 dollars NR license fee in Utah. if i don't get drawn for my Antelope, I get a OTC deer tag for archery.

I wish people would not post these rumors because it could give G+F bad ideas. They come up with enough of those on their own.

Bob

I wish people would not post these rumors because it could give G+F bad ideas. They come up with enough of those on their own.

Bob

FOFL! ha ha ha thats good stuff right there. . . . :lol:

I sure hope it's just a rumor. It's looking more and more like I will be able to make it out there this January, but like others have said, MANY NR view the January OTC Coues hunt in AZ as their season ender....would be terrible to loose that option over a reason that doesn't appear to be based around a declining population.

I guess it's more incentive for me to make it out sooner than later and get one down (fat chance on my first trip anyway).