Sign in to follow this  
hunterofcoues

Guess where I took this pic

Did you see the sunken boat in the river bottom right about there? How was the fishing?

Lees Ferry is rather photogenic.

RR

Lee's Ferry for Sure. I think that just around that bend in the river is a spot that during low flows has been known to mangle the lower section of an outboard if you are not careful.

The Cicadas are coming!!!! Be warned...

The Santa Cruz? :huh:

Just up river from the boat launch at the Ferry, nice pic.....

+1 and you might have been standing on the boat ramp. ;) Been there more times than I can remember. :lol: :D

TJ

You are right Lee's Ferry. I was working in Tuba City last May and this was one of the areas we frequented on our time off. No fishing, our 6 month baby adjusted our priorities. Hanging out there really makes you want to raft the Grand Canyon. We did hike a mile or so upstream and saw the remains of the sunken ferry, ore processor etc. I guess you can take a boat nearly up to the dam. I was thinking it might be a fun trip to drop a kayak in below Glenn Canyon Dam with a bow during archery season and float and shoot a Colorado River muley. I think it is 12B on the north side and Navajo Nation on the south. Has anyone seen wildlife along that stretch? There must be deer and sheep in there, I have seen them further down stream in the canyon. I wonder if the continuous boat traffic might make it lousy hunting, maybe early morning midweek.

Considering the steep walls of Glen Canyon, I doubt deer hunting would be viable. I did see a dead bighorn in the water once (already beheaded).

One can have the blue pontoon rigs backhaul you and a canoe/kayak to the dam and paddle/float/fish back. The boatmen used do it for a tip, maybe some beer, but now the company charges like $50 and you neeed to make reservations. I have done it a couple time in years past before they charged.

https://www.raftthecanyon.com/con_trip_info.cfm

thats what I was thinking. Right after the water treatment plant in Marana.

;)

That one made me spill my coffee!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I haven't been there in years, since back in my college days some 20+ years ago and guessed that was Lee's Ferry!! Brings back lots of memories!!

I've camped out up river many times. Once had a badger try to get in our tent at night. Other than that and beavers I haven't seen anything but water fowl.

For those who haven't been there, you are missing one of Arizona's most spectacular places on earth. :)

TJ

;)

You know, I/we laugh at that, but growing up I used to swim in the santa cruz all of the time. I grew up on a farm by Evergreen Air Center....... RIGHT AFTER THE WATER TREATMENT PLANT IN MARANA!!! That whole time I thought it was dead craw-dads floating down the river.....

;)

You know, I/we laugh at that, but growing up I used to swim in the santa cruz all of the time. I grew up on a farm by Evergreen Air Center....... RIGHT AFTER THE WATER TREATMENT PLANT IN MARANA!!! That whole time I thought it was dead craw-dads floating down the river.....

Kinda like in the movie "Caddyshack" with the candybar floating in the pool! "Dooooodiiiee" :lol: :lol: