soazarcher

Horn growth update

All of these pics were taken in the last 24 hours. The afternoon of July 17th and the morning of the 18th. I know most of these bucks, and they are not done growing, not even close.

In southern Arizona, our bucks continue to growth right on through the 1st of september. None of these bucks are "big", but very representative.

I just looked over 18 bucks and only one was showing G-2 (barely) and I know that particular buck was just over 100" last year (I have his sheds). Sorry, he didn't stick around to pose.

Buck 1

post-287-1247932578_thumb.jpg

Buck 2

post-287-1247932615_thumb.jpg

3 bucks

post-287-1247932674_thumb.jpg

Buck 4

post-287-1247932858_thumb.jpg

Buck 5

post-287-1247932899_thumb.jpg

Baby buck

post-287-1247934764_thumb.jpg

And a few donkey deer for your viewing pleasure

post-287-1247934782_thumb.jpg

Matt

Cool pictures. The deer look good and healthy, and with the ocotillos as full as they are in the pictures, I can see why. Thanks for posting.

The Ocotillos are heavy right now, most of the browse looks good.

The does are getting ready to POP!

post-287-1247949204_thumb.jpg

Awesome photos. :)

TJ

Thanks guys! No Digiscoping here, just spot and stalk with a point and shoot cam

Great pictures Matt! When I was out down south around the 3rd and 4th the bucks were just starting to get nubs and none had made it to the G-1's yet. Thanks for the update on the growth.

Phil

I too took some photos of some nice bucks today, but i went to post the pics and it was saying some kinda error. I was expecting much more length on the antlers, but it looks like they are gonna be growing for a while to come. Saw one that already was a three point.

Don't know if you saw the rear end on the largest pic of the buck you have posted there on the last pic, but almost looks like a muley rear end to me.