Saw one this weekend while bear camping... tried to take it home, but it wasn't very cooperative.

We saw one down in 32 a few years back. My dad and I were doing some remote camping on the side of a mountain for a Coues hunt. Dang thing got us rialed up pretty good seeing that long tail walking through the grass just yards away. :blink: I thought it was a lion for sure.

Whats the going price to have one of them mounted? I would love to have one.

When I first read this post i thought it was a joke because my wife and I when to cost Rica for our honey moon and there was a animal that is very similar to the Caatimundie called a White-nosed Coati (Nasua narica), also known as the Pizote or Antoon. It’s funny because we where feeding them sugar packets out of our hands. Reading up about them they are the same speeches

post-2827-1250539650.jpg

I had the opportunity to take one a number of years ago when I hunted down south. I didn't know what they were and was too busy staring at them to drop the hammer. There were about 6 or 8 in that group.

Last year, I saw a group of them pass through the brush about 30 feet away from where I was glassing in the upper part of unit 23. Has anyone else seem them that far north?

this rare albino coati was caught on film attacking a man who was wearing body armor

monty.python.holy.grail.bunny.rabbit.jpg

That is crazy there are so many coatimundie's in that pack that was truly a rare sighting! great pic. Also having heard many stories of those crazy things my dad ran into one of those things one time and it got to about 5ft of him and just hissed at him the whole time. One thing is certain that those buggers arent scared of humans.

i also saw a huge pack in 23 last week while bowhunting, they are call bands not packs , i learn some about them in wikipedia.

I've seen a bunch of the little devils while at work out in the 36 units.. And have seen them a couple of times while out deer hunting, but didn't want to ruin the hunt by shooting one. I'm still waiting on getting one while quail hunting.. my dogs go APE S___ when they get a whiff of them!!

The ones in the large packs are the females, juvie males and young.. aka, coatimundies. The ones you want to hunt, if you want a great mount, are the big solitary loner males.. the coatis.

i had just this, a big toad of a coati 2 years ago almost white in color he was so old & gray. my son had just harvested first deer and little baboon looking devils were suddenly all around us. my son decided to see how close he could get but when he reached abot 12-15 yds i got a little anxious. he decided they were cute so did not want to harvest. if i had bow with me i would have taken the old dude for sure, i just did not want to drill him with sons 243 at 15-20 yds. they sure make short work of a gut pile. has anyone ever seen coati $ coyotes in same area? or are they insted of coyotes in certain areas?

I was in Guatemala for 2 years and ran across 2-3 as pets. I put my finger in and it tried to bite it! Not sure how good of pets they make but very interesting looking animals. I've seen them up in unit 22 and have gotten a few on trail camera. I'd love to take a nice male and have him mounted. The males are much larger and prettier...about the size of a large coyote.

I was in Guatemala for 2 years and ran across 2-3 as pets. I put my finger in and it tried to bite it! Not sure how good of pets they make but very interesting looking animals. I've seen them up in unit 22 and have gotten a few on trail camera. I'd love to take a nice male and have him mounted. The males are much larger and prettier...about the size of a large coyote.

now, now. if they are size of large coyote, i am done hunting. that would me one ferocious critter. :lol:

I did a lot of varmint calling in the 1960s and 1970s, and called in coatis with mouth-blown calls in virtually every unit in Southern Arizona. I also called coatis and coyotes from the same stand. Although I shot several really big male Arizona coatis, I can assure you that none was anywhere near the size of a big coyote.

You may be interested in knowing that Arizona's coatimundis are the largest of four races of coatimundis found from Arizona to South America. My granddaughter and I saw a large troop pestering tourists for food in the parking lot at Iguasu Falls when we were in Brazil a few years ago, and I was surprised to see that the largest was only about half the size of those I've seen here.

Bill Quimby

i saw some in january off the road while we out archery hunting.. I proceded into the middle of them and they didnt even know i was there.. Before i knew it i had them all around me in the trees running around making weird noises.. I drew back on one bout 40yrds he just stopped and looked at me, then turn and ran off.. I never got a shot off but still a cool experience and they didnt seem to aggresive..