El Fuego

AZGFD Double Standard

Please allow me to disagree. A good judge starts in his own house. They should set the example.

It is like telling your kids not to smoke or drink however you get home smoking and drunk every day.

Ernesto C ;)

Have you ever seen those Loomis Fargo armed security delivery guys carrying the big bags of money walking out of the bank or say some grocery store? Why is it that you or I can't just go in and walk out with big bags of money just like them?

Huh? :huh: Not really getting your point on that comparison.

I know you are all about stroking the Game and Fish's ego but you are also usually all about keeping up the image of the sportsman, which the G&F should be doing as well. In this case they could at least acknowledge to their customer how this could look bad to the non-hunting population and use it for future reference when needing to dispose of a carcass.

Oh I agree that the location appears to be a very poor decision on someones part. It wasn't illegal though.

I'm not justifing what happened, I think it could have been taken care of a little better but many of us are talking about how this gives a negitive image of "sportsmen" how about we all just stop and think all the thing the department has done to improve the image of sportsmen. My point is, I hope we can look past the negitive (while learning from it) and move on and enjoy our lives. Sorry if I made anyone upset by saying this but this is a public forum and we are all intitiled to our own opinion and I hope we can all respect eachother.

I’m writing in regard to the posts about the disposal of bear parts south of Flagstaff. These bear parts came from a nuisance male bear that had to be drugged and then killed due to his regular movements into the area of homes and the public safety risks involved in the frequent interactions with people.

Animals that are drugged as part of wildlife management activities are not suitable for human use and so the staff member who killed the bear took the head and paws (the portions they were concerned would draw more interest) and then disposed of the rest of the animal in the woods, as we do many animals such as road kills.

We have reviewed our protocols and have provided more information to our staff so that in the future animals like this will be disposed of at the landfill. The staff member who disposed of the bear recovered the remaining body parts and disposed of them as well.

I apologize for all the stress this has caused in the hunting community and appreciate the interest people have shown and the opportunity to review our protocols and make needed adjustments.

Ron Sieg, Arizona Game and Fish Department

Region II Supervisor

Flagstaff

Ron, thanks a lot for your time and needed response on this issue. I'm glad you got to see this and that this issue was/is a learning situacion for us all. We are all in the same boat here but like I said, we all appreciate that this will make us better on what we do. Again, thanks a lot.

Ernesto C.

P.S. By the way......Welcome to cwt.com.