Sign in to follow this  
peckl1

Big mule deer

Last December I posted this picture of a mule deer I found during the archery hunt. I could only get within 75 yards of him. My comfort zone is only 40 yards. so needless to say I've been looking for him ever since.

post-88-1250449261_thumb.jpg

post-88-1250449298_thumb.jpg

Then today I think I found him.

Ohh man I hope its not that buck what a waste. The headset you found doesnt seem to be as big as the buck in the picture i think its a totally different deer but thats just me pics can be very decieving. Good luck this archery season.

Coues Archer, I hope your right, but the crab claws on the fronts look just like the deer I saw in December. And he has a kicker on his right antler that is also the same. Maybe the dead one is his little brother.

I'm still going to be in the area for the early rifle hunt this fall.

Lee

If you are thinking the skull is the same as the one in the photo I would have to say you are wrong. There is no way that is the skull from the Mulie buck in the photos above it.

If you are thinking the skull is the same as the one in the photo I would have to say you are wrong. There is no way that is the skull from the Mulie buck in the photos above it.

I am with Coues AZ. They are both good bucks, but the one in the pictures is much wider and his rack pushes out rather than in.

i think it is a different buck.... The live buck looks wider and also the pick up looks like it crabs on the main beam... witch the live pic looks just straight 4by4... Awsome find and great buck..... start shooting the 75 and smoke him!!!!!!

Well, I hope you guys are right. It's just that I watched him for a long time from behind some 15x56's. The crabclaw with 3 points is hard to believe that 2 deer within 1/2 mile of each other could have the same formation. Also the kicker on the same right side. However, like you pointed out the rack at the back on the dead deer seems to be closer together that the live deer. I am still going to be out looking as hard as I can.

Lee

I also believe this is a different buck. The main frame on the live buck looks a lot bigger than the dead bucks frame, and who knows? You may have more than just one stud buck in that area? ;)