CouesWhitetail

Outdoorsmans

post-1-1250541541.jpg

This month the spotlight shines on Outdoorsmans, a retail store that specializes in high end optics (binoculars, rifle scopes, spotting scopes), lightweight hunting tripods and accessories, backpack systems, performance supplements, sleeping bag systems, and firearms. Outdoorsmans has been in the same location since 1982 at 10004 North Cave Creek Rd., Phoenix, AZ.

Outdoorsmans provides high quality products for the most demanding hunter.
Assistant store manager Tom McKenna says, “Our typical customer is the person trying to get the maximum out of their hunt experience without wasting his/her money on cheaply made, useless, or gimmicky products. Our typical customer wants to know that the products we sell have already been completely tested and/or abused and have been given the Outdoorsmans seal of approval.”

"We have made it our goal to provide the very best service combined with the best optics and accessories in the business. We are a leading designer and manufacturer of high quality tripods and mounting accessories for all your optical needs. Come take a look at our machined tripods and accessories for that "rock solid" mounting system you have looked for and really need for improved game spotting. Our innovative products continue to receive numerous industry and consumer accolades."

Many of you are already aware of the outstanding products that Outdoorsmans sells. Outdoorsmans has been selling tripods and adapters for years, but recently they added a new backpack to their arsenal of great products for hunters. This is an outstanding pack and you really ought to check it out.

Outdoorsmans also carries outstanding spotting scopes, binoculars and rifle scopes. If you visit their store, they can set up the optics side by side so you can look through them and decide which works best for you.

Here is a list of the top 5 most popular products (with links to the corresponding page on the Outdoorsmans website).
1) Outdoorsmans medium tripods -Light weight, rugged tripods designed for the active hunter. A tripod that is designed for hunters by hunters.
2) Outdoorsmans Optics Backpack System - One of the lightest external frame backpacks made to be both extremely strong but remain flexible.
3) Outdoorsmans Binocular adapters-Adapters for almost every kind of binocular made.
4) Havalon Piranta Knives-Replaceable surgical stainless steel scalpel blades in a folding knife handle.
5) Western Hunter Sleeping System-A sleeping bag system that has 4 different levels of insulation so regardless of the temperature you will always be comfortable.

They have just acquired Wilderness Athlete, a leading supplement company specializing in hunting related performance products. Wilderness Athlete has a complete line of products made of both natural and organic ingredients to enhance your performance thereby giving you a better hunt experience. Please visit the Wilderness Athlete website at http://www.wildernessathlete.com

Outdoorsmans has been supporting many of the national and international wildlife conservation organizations for years. McKenna says, “We have partnerships with Safari Club International (SCI), Wild Sheep Foundation (WSF), Arizona Sportsmen for Wildlife, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation (RMEF), Arizona Elk Society, Arizona Desert Bighorn Sheep Society, Arizona Deer Association, Arizona Antelope Foundation, as well as others. We feel our association with these and other groups help further the outdoor sports we all enjoy. We support these organizations with either monetary donations or product donations for their banquets.”

I am very pleased to have Outdoorsmans as a sponsor and highly recommend that if you are looking for some new gear, visit their store and see what they can do for you. You will find that their staff are dedicated hunters with real-world knowledge that will help make sure you get the product that will meet your needs and serve you well for many years. If you can’t make a trip to their store, you can visit their website to get more information about their products.

http://www.outdoorsmans.com

Outdoorsmans
10004 N. Cave Creek Road
Phoenix, Arizona 85020
800-291-8065

I have been waiting for this to come out... FINALLY... Chris... Congrats on the WA acquisition... I am sure you will take the company to a different level... AWESOME...

J-

Guest 300ultramag.

My fav. store by far......... I love this place! Its not a huge warehouse but I can spend just as much time in there.

Do they still have all the pics of the lions on the wall.

Has anyone tried the Western Hunter Sleeping System?

I like being comfy and warm and that looks pretty nice.

Wow - Gnarly- 60 below - zero- 20lb - $400.00 sleeping bag!

My Golite bag weighs 1lb 5oz... I need to see this thing in person..

AzP&Y

AZPY,

It's more like a classic bedroll like cowboys use than a lightweight sleeping bag. It's definitely large, but also very comfortable. Click on the sleeping bag link above to go see pics of it.

Amanda

My customer service experience with Outdoorsmans has been overwhelmingly positive. I bought a pair of vortex binos from them and had them for about six months and was in there B.S.ing and mentioned how I wish the binos had a cover for the ocular lenses. The fella I was talking to said they came with the binos. I said mine didn't. He then reached under the counter, opened a Vortex box and handed them to me saying "Here you go." No questions asked.

I then bought one of their tripods and they said if it ever needs cleaning, tightening, oiling, whatever, to just bring it in. I asked how long that offer was good for. They said "As long as it says 'Outdoorsmans' on it." Pretty cool.

Has anyone tried the Western Hunter Sleeping System?

I like being comfy and warm and that looks pretty nice.

Wow - Gnarly- 60 below - zero- 20lb - $400.00 sleeping bag!

My Golite bag weighs 1lb 5oz... I need to see this thing in person..

AzP&Y

I just bought one of the sleeping system bags. I have tried it on a weekend outing and it is great. Looking forward to using it more this fall. Heavy duty, comfortable, waterproof, and even comes with a pillow!....Well worth the money.

Sounds like a cool sleep system. I have several items from those guys and customer service is great, and have never been dissapointed with what they sell. :)

Love walking into that store. It must be the most $/sf for merchandise besides a jewelry store. That bag sounds alot like a Butler. I cant say enough good things about the havalon knives. Mine did 2 bears this month with the same blade. Always get 1st class help too!

I second everything said! Have always had reputation for top notch gear and very knowledgeable staff. I purchased my 300 RUM from them some time ago and it has treated me very well. In life successful people in any realm surround themselves with other successful people or companies. It is no coincidence that if you talk to successful hunters they all know and rely on Outdoorsmans in one way or another.

Great Shop and fantastic products. I'm saving my money for the Binocular adaptor. Years ago, I bought one they developed and called the claw (not the same as the claw rifle rest). I still use it at least once a week and it's great. I need another set up for my kids and want to try the newer design. Also, the tripod they sell is an excellent product. One of my friends just bought one and I got to try it out. If I could, I would get rid of my Bogen and upgrade to the outdoorsmans tripod. Keep up the good work.

Great to see Outdoorsmans featured this month! Within my family are 5 of their tripods and 7 tripod heads as well as 3 sets of Swaros and nothing but fantastic experiences while there. They really bring new meaning to the term standing behind our products and we all appreciate that.

Here's half our stable of Outdoorsmans products...

post-2185-1257899068_thumb.jpg