matthewp45

Mullin's Got it done in a big way!

A great big congratulations to the hunter and Mullins crew.

That Bull is awesome and I'm sure you all worked your tails off for him.

Thanks for posting the pictures since most of us will likely never see one like that in person!

biscuits with 11 posts is now an expert on the forum and is calling into question Jim who has 2600+. He can talk about subjectivity killing us on this forum as much as he wants , however with his massive 11 posts I would not call him an expert. I think he needs at least 12 posts to be an expert

I usually dont get real angry about stuff like this but come on ,

Jim Mullins is a great guy and works his butt off to get trophies for his hunters!! He has always been supportive of members here and I dont recall him EVER doubting a score or size of an animal. He has never spoke discouragingly about anyone that I know of! Is he a saint ?(with the grin he has on his pics I doubt it, looks like a good time waiting to happen :lol: ) That is not the argument, how many times have you guys run into some person we have never heard of on the forum get on here and be an expert about everything. Jim backs his experience with pictures, videos etc and to me is a proven commoditiy and I would book a hunt with him in a NY minute! I am picking on biscuits because he stated our subjectivity is killing us, subjective is something that is stated, not backed up, objectivity is the proof in the pudding, it is what is used by docs on a physical exam to discover what is the real problem ie pulses , temp, etc. undeniable fact essentially. Well objectively we have seen alot more proof of big animals and successful hunts from the Mullins. Subjectively, if Jim says where something was killed, how big it was and what it scored I am going to believe him since he as always been honest. so in this case I dont feel it kills us, it kills when someone comes on and brags about the massive animal he/she killed and then we dont have them back it up. Jim does not need to, the past has shown us that. Biscuit however would need to show me the money!!I want tape measure on bone and official score cards!!!

It would be so much better if people quit coming on new and 2nd guessing older members of the site!! this thread sucked in it took the wind out of the sails of a great accomplishment by Mullins guide service. YOu know by now we should expect it, all it is is the people who call guys who have bagged large animals legitimately and accuse them of poaching, etc. It all boils down to Jealousy and in my opinion that applies here!!. ag

Thats a TOAD congrats to the hunter and especially to the GUIDES you guys did the work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to the hunter and the Mullin's crew AWESOME bull.

Too bad people still have to start a bunch of BS and drama everytime someone takes a nice animal...SAD!!

Congrats to the hunter and the Mullins Crew for all their hard work in putting down an AWESOME bull! Thanks for sharing the success with the rest of us.

Ron

Congrats to the hunter and the whole Mullins crew, great job.

Huntmore,

It seem's like every time a debate comes up about the auction tag somebody brings up jealousy.I can not speak for anybody else,but I can assure you that jealousy has nothing to do with my opinion of these tag's.I already said that I have no hard feeling's toward the guides or hunter.(So how could I be jealous ? ). What I do know is when you make something all about money,then it can bring out the worse in people.Look at steroid's in the sport's world. And I will make just one example of hunting.Remember a couple year's ago the auction tag were the bull was shot in the subdivision in the White Mountains.It made all of the Newspapers up North.I would say that was bad publicity for hunters.Now I am not just picking on the Arizona Game and fish,because a lot of the state's have these tag's.And there has been a lot of bad press also (spider bull for one).I have been hunting for 36 years and hunting for me is a way of life.It seem's like hunting has become a sport for a lot of people now.Where the horns are the only reason.For me and a lot of the old timers it is for the meat first and horn's second.This does not mean that I do not like big horn's.It mean's I do not shoot anything that I will not eat.I have no problem with people who do a lot of hunting, giving some of there meat away,but if they never eat any of it then it becomes just killing.I am not saying that this hunter is not going to eat the animal.

Noel,

Thanks for the reply, man....I do agree with you that for many, it has become all about the sport and horns, and I do know that people will do whatever they can to get a "step up" (i.e. Steroids, etc). I think for many (not necessarily you) that it is an issue of jealousy...that good 'ol human nature kicks in that other people are able to experience things we aren't (I know I feel this way about sheep hunting, Alaska Salmon Fishing, and many other things I can't afford. But I think that what we (hunters who love the hunt for more than just horns) can do is appreciate the animals that we see harvested and be ethical sportsmen, keeping in mind that buying an expensive tag or hiring a guide is not illegal or unethical as steroids are...just an awesome advantage for those who can afford it (much the same as many here are able to afford amazing optics while others (read: me) can barely afford walmart optics) :)

I'm not familiar with the bad press surrounding the Spider Bull, but I do know the situation in N. AZ that you spoke of...I agree with you 100%! All the money in the world does not negate the need for ethics and ACCOUNTABILITY!! I think the exchange of lots of cold hard cash makes it easy to cut corners and bend the rules, so that should absolutely be watched...at the same time, I have heard only good things about Jim and the Mullin's Team, so props to them for keeping it real and not substituting cut-corners for hard work and time in the field!

Huntmore,

Good post.I agree with what you said.And yes from what I have seen of the posts from the Mullins crew,they seem like good and upstanding guides. I probally should have started a whole new thread about auction tag's so there was no confusion about this guide.