matthewp45

Mullin's Got it done in a big way!

Well as biscuits stated in one of his threads that it is his job to let his friends know that they are wrong on a score of there rack when he thinks they have scored it wrong. :lol: I for one hope you stay around on the forum we need someone that can score so well even by looking at trail camera photos of a rack. He did say his friends, do we know for a fact that there realy are friends or are we taking your word for it. See how that works we are already taking your word as a new family member as a fact. Like has been said to others. Introduce yourself in a new post with photos of your corectly scored racks so we can all enjoy them.I am sure you have them so please post away. This type of welcome has only been seen a couple times in the past and it was because someone took direct aim at a member of the site. This person has come back a few times under other names but is always discoverd by his own Mouth running self pridefull ways.

Mike, I understand your explanation on the the protective responses. If you reread my posts after it was stated that it was measured by a master sorer that I said that was in my opinion a poor reflection on the measurer. I did not say Jim was lying about it or calling him a liar. I have been reading posts on here enough to know that these same principles you guys speak of are not always followed. It is real easy to follow these principles (or appear to follow them) when in the presence of a group of like minds or "family". It is harder to say what you feel even when in the minority in my opinion. that is just my belief. Ok for you guys to disagree. Obviously I knew the "demons of heck" were going to rain down on me. Just like Jim knew people were gonna question the score, heck he didn't even believe it which is why he took it to a scorer like was mentioned. So why are you guys so upset when someone does what was anticipated. This whole thing went south when these supposed "high quality" brotheren started jumping in with so much passion and making assumptions. But I guess that's what happens with family. I didn't intend to attack the guy, which I don't feel I did, just attack the score, which is proven had a precedence. Like I said wasn't the first won't be the last that a score or scores was questioned and it is comical that you guys act like you don't do it as well. It is a business based on scores. Everyone knows it and everyone accepts it. I like how Jim handled his business in this respect (he obviously knows this).

Seriously, this was spiraled into an attack on the outfitter's integrity by the "family members". All it was originally was an attack on the scores. That happens to everybody, not just outfitters. Grow some skin. This isn't the only time I have seen a response like this to questioning scores but definitely the most aggressive, boy you guys really are united strong. Thundercats, Thundercats..hoh!!!!!!!

Congrats to everyone involved on a great bull!!! It gets me pumped up to see bulls like that on PUBLIC land !!!! Got a early rifle tag in 4-b and maybe I will be able to post a pic of a big bull ;) ;)

Jim, Congrats on another Great Bull and getting it done year in and year out. Congrats to the hunter for taking a super Bull!!

OK, now this is turning into somethimg more than it should have because of some obvious emotions in an emotional hobby. I was questioning some scoring based on some photos forwarded to me from a friend. Somehow It got turned into much more than that. It was not my intention. Look we all know people who know people. I am not good friends with any of these guys being spoken of (I try to stay out of the outfitting stuff because of this kind of thing) but I have good friends who are good friends with each of these outfitters being soken of. From their opinions they are all good guys and obviously they all know how to hunt. It was unfortunate that the individuals are starting to get dragged into it. I guess Mossback made the mistake in chiming in on the matter after the fact on another matter (killing top end bulls) but that is their doing not mine. And now wetmule is draggin in people that I am not even friends of a friend with. Yes, I have always been one to think that business could be seperated from personal matters and opinions could be shared. I work in a building with alot of individuals who hunt also and we argue not only on business but hunting also but we still respect each other as individuals. And I like objective forums. I now understand not all individuals are like that. I can see where I underestimated the dynamics here and for that I am sorry. I am not sorry for questioning the scores because we all do it as admitted by coues n sheep and Mullins themselves. My post was a reaction to not believing the score when I was told by my buddy which bull it was and I pulled the pics up and remembering the score on the velvet bull. I didn't know I wasn't supposed to post pics. What's up with that anyways. I am sorry to Mullins if their personal feelings were hurt or their integrity felt attacked after all the passionate posts were made back and forth (not sorry for questioning the score cause that would be dishonest cause don't feel did anything wrong there). Also applogize to Mossback for them getting dragged into this with me (although I guess you guys kinda made it easy for them to do that with the top end killing posts).

I taught my kids when they were younger that you can't control how people treat you or what circumstances you will encounter but you can control how you react to them. I know not all individuals believe this though, just my personal philosophy. I think Jim himself showed understood that and showed it here. Some are more passionate and reactive. To each their own.

If the moderator wants to delete this and start over over just delete my posts or leave them I don't mind. Sorry for disrupting the synergy. I will leave you guys to it. Happy Hunting. I know most of you will still feel protective here and not accept this and carry on and that is your perogative but I think that would be a disservice to everyone involved at this point.

Guest 300ultramag.

biscuits....

get a life man, you have written enough to start a small novel and the majority has been negative/objective.

WE GET IT... you have an "opinion" or an obsessive compulsive desire to seek the true measurments of an animal..... but no one cares about your thoughts/objections/rants/ideas I have a bad taste in my mouth about your intentions.....

The difference between the almost right word & the right word is really a large matter--it's the difference between the lightning bug and the lightning. M.T.

Choose your words wisely friend

I'll be the first one to come out and admit it...I'm jealous! ;)

Good work guys on another smoker bull. Jim, Matt and their crew spend a lot of time in the hills looking at animals in preparation for that moment. Glad it worked out and can't wait to see they next bull they are getting ready to help a hunter harvest.

Interesting that a few AZmossbackers started all this crap and it's interesting that Jim said he has the greatest respect for you guys, WHY, I don't know. Doyle and his mossback crew in Utah face this same kind of crap every year on the other site, as recipients of the misinformed barbs, and it always rolls off their back and they generally stay out of the fray for the most part. Interesting that the AZ guys partake not as recipients but as potstirrers. I'm pretty sure Doyle wouldn't appreciate this behavior, it makes you look bad and maybe more importantly it makes him look bad. Grow up, take some more Tums, have a nap - you'll feel better in the am.

Wetmule,

Be careful who you are associating with who. Biscuit is not a part of Mossback, AZ and he says so himself. Chad said he didn't know who he was and didn't care. Shane made some comments about killing "top end" bulls from the same area and what it does to the gene pool. This topic probably wasn't the place to do that as it should be reserved for honoring this bull and the hunters but it is and interesting subject and he said nothing to attack Jim or his "scoring ability." So it looks to me like you are the one "poststirring" with bad information and assumptions.

Everyone else,

Even if you disagree with what has been stated about the score of this bull or the "attacks on Jim" you are not any better than the attackers if you resort to less than tactful ways to defend such as name calling and below the belt shots. I applaud Jim for the way he has conducted himself here. Some others on here on both sides of the argument have some serious growing up to do.

well if figured since this was turning into a monstercarp.com post i might as well.........

post-2935-1251432436.jpg

i have to say i am a little embarassed at how some of you are behaving?????

think before speaking or typing maybe?

AZMEAT

My bad and my apologies to all, and sorry to have added to the problem, I'll keep my big mouth shut and my comments to myself.

A huge congrats to the hunter for taking an absolutely monster bull! Awesome job Jim and crew! Good luck with the rest of the hunts.

Nice bull- way to start off the year.

I agree that those are copywrited photos and if Chad doesn't want them on here, Amanda is obligated to remove them.

I wish there wasn't so much jealousy against the auction hunters- there are only a few of these guys- they are pumping money into the management- not hurting us one bit!

Dennis