matthewp45

Mullin's Got it done in a big way!

i]especially to our #1 top guide Chrissy [/i]:blink: :lol: :P

I think hes gonna have to change his name again...Chrissy sounds better. :P :P

Congrats guys, cant wait to see this beast

Jay

OH that Jim. The one that smell like he has been living with bulls for a couple months. I thought i smelled something and then i looked and he actualy posted something. Way to go Mullins crew. Again!!!!!!

Congrat's to all of the Mullins, I know they have worked hard and we are always referring them to hunters we know that need an outfitter. They are a good and honest group of guy's and I am proud to know them.

Way to go Jim, Jimmy and Matt :) ;)

From everything I can gather from different people is that it was the 8 X 9 not typical with the kickers in 9. If it is the same bull then a lot of people knew about this bull. Apparently, he was in a pretty easy place to kill. Having said that, I don't think it is that bull because I sure don't get 445. This kicker bull is big but 445? Anyways, hope it isn't him cause there will be a lot of unhappy archery hunters if it was. Guess there were lots of trail cameras catching his picture! I was forwarded these pics from a friend a couple months ago. He was all excited cause his brother has an archery tag in 9 this year and he knew where this drinker was. The last pics look like video stills. Anyone know if this is the bull?

I'm pretty sure that is the bull...but not positive. He is one heck of a bull!!! Congrats to Jim, Matt, Chrissy and the hunter....Great Job!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure if that is the bull, but there has got to be more pics of that bull with all the cameras that were on the drinkers out there.

Anyone else got pictures of this bull out there? I wonder how many different names that bulls had since so many people saw him. I didn't get that high of a score out of him. I thought he might go 400-405, but they did say his body was way bigger and most people I talked to had him in that range too. If it is the same bull.

hello --- look at the main beam length and spread - hes got an extra 12 in between 2 an3 on both sides - besides all the trash (kickers) - you gotta remember thats a SCI score so they add it all - so a 400 base score and add all the extras - plus even one full month for the tops too grow - can add a lot! i think its a great bull ! Does look like unit 9 - nice job guys

wish it was in a canal by the verde :angry: :angry: :angry: unit 9 is taking a pounding with these gov. tags. wish they would not allow back-to-back kills in the same unit, much less same side of unit. they do it for sheep and it works out great. these top end bulls can be pretty hard on a unit back-to-back-to-back.

It also helps when folks say exactly where bulls are being killed on the internet to bring in 5 times as much hunter traffic :(

The hunter was not about this bull because of size, he just liked his look. Jim

Ya 445 and its not about the size! He just liked the look of his beady brown eye's. Come on I think most people would shoot a 445 elk for the "looks".

Bob

Big Jim,

I apologise for my smart butt remark. I know what you mean now. I would not of guessed that bull to be that large and I am sure your team had others that you thought scored higher, so the hunter chose him on his charachter. Again, all apologies. Still his beady brown eye's were attractive.

Bob

elki,

Thanks for pointing out the sci score thing cause now i have a REALLY hard time getting 445. That makes it even simpler to score. Seems like I'm not the only one, the outfitters themselves, who have a HARD time getting a 400" frame out of that bull and then I have a hard time getting 40" of extras as well. I was assuming the extras some how came to more than 45" to make up for the lack of 400" frame. But hey, if they had an "official SCI master measurer" score it than it must be so and we are all duped! No skin off my back just making an observation. I guess killing that bull is an accomplishment, he looked real hard to find.

On a side note, was that raffle bull from two years ago in velvet ever taken to a "official SCI master measurer". I seem to remember a score of 430 being thrown around. I would be curious to see an "official" SCI score sheet on that one as well. But hey, I can just play house and blow sunshine so everyone is happy in their little world to.

SCRhunter or whatever your name was, like I said they were forwarded to me by a friend. What are you Mossback or something and gonna get mad at me to?

Maybe its just the pics, don't know. Always good when there is ground swelling vs. ground shrinkage. Can't wait to see kill photos. The guy who killed the bull is a friend of a friend. I haven't spoken with him but I am sure they are on cloud 9, regardless of true score.

"Wilber" is truly breath taking and was taken by a very deserving hunter. Huge CONGRATS to him. Thank you to both the hunter and Mullins Outfitters for allowing me to be part of this hunt.

This bull was in a spot that a lot of people were scouting and was known by most of them. The bull frequinted tanks that had several trail cams on them, so he was no secret. He was very decieving and was underestimated by several guides and outfitters. We spent a lot of time trying to put an accurate score on him and we figured him to be between 395 to 405. Jim told the hunter what he thought "Wilber" would score and I don't think it really mattered to him. It was more about the history and the uniqueness of the bull. Once the bull was dead, everybody realized how off we all were on his score. We figuered people would call B/S on the score so Jim had it measured by a master measurer and "Wilber" came out to 445 3/8. We underscored his bottom end, mass, width and extras. He is truly awesome!!!!

sdrhunter,

In my humble opinion, I think you are comparing apples to oranges with sheep and elk. The few giant bulls that are already at the top end of their genetic potential that are getting killed is not hurting a population of elk to still produce giants. Its the 370's to 390's that have the potential to become the 400+ bulls that get killed on the archery, rifle and muzzleloader hunts. Killing say 6 to 8 of the 370 to 390 type bulls in 1 year would impact a unit more than a few 400+ bulls being killed by a very few guys with the special tags.

>>>Manny