matthewp45

Mullin's Got it done in a big way!

I already heard the story and the score.

I'll just say that if I shot a bull 100" smaller during my upcoming archery elk hunt, I would be a happy SOB.

out with it. come on we all know its over 400. :huh: do we have another 420? :blink: there are some giant bulls this year.

AZMEAT

Bigger!!

:huh: :blink: :unsure: come on you cant start a post like this with no pics? someone has to have a cell pic or something? :blink: us elk addicts must see this GAGGER!!!!

AZMEAT

I would divulge the score :ph34r: , but I think it would ruin the surprise. Somewhere around 4*^ 3/8's. David

:P pic,pics someone has to have pics :ph34r: this stuff goes around as fast as the draw results do.

come on lets see him ;)

AZMEAT

Gggssssssss guys can you just wait! Ok......dont tell any body.......I will post the picture but keep it to your selfs ok? give me a minute................

Gggssssssss guys can you just wait! Ok......dont tell any body.......I will post the picture but keep it to your selfs ok? give me a minute................

EC,

don't play around man.you know how elk addicts are :blink: :ph34r: :huh: :unsure:

AZMEAT

I am on the edge of my chair here. I remember last years bull was around 420" and I ended up shooting a 300" on my hunt. This means if my calculation are correct, if Mullin's bull is over 420", then I am for sure tagging a 340" this year. :lol: :P :rolleyes:

Good luck to all who have elk tags this year, I was lucky enought to get a another tag, two years in a row.

-Ryan

I would divulge the score :ph34r: , but I think it would ruin the surprise. Somewhere around 4*^ 3/8's. David

Was it 3/8 or 5/8???? :P I can't even hear right anymore... I could have sworn Jimmy said 5/8".... :rolleyes: :lol: Maybe he mumbled.... or I tuned out the ending cuz the middle was sooo WICKED! :blink: :lol: :lol: :P

....And you won't find any of these pics "floating" around till they have copyrights on them. ;) I deleted all live trail cam pics of this bull that were on my computer a week or so ago.... just so I would not forward them anywhere! ;) :lol: As soon as Matt gets done with the SR Hunter there is likely to be more to cheer about, but in the meantime I talked to Jimmy yesterday again and he is truly on cloud 9.... he has been watching this bull for months and there was no ground shinkage!! ;) :P I will tell you that the bull has already been scored by a master SCI measurer out of Flag-town.... so the those that have heard an SCI score on the Bull.... it is probably the right one.... ;)

Congrats to Jimbo..... He.... Da Man!!! ;)

Gino, I know it was one of the 8's, but I guess my excitement took over for a moment. :rolleyes: No matter what, it is a toad for sure. Congrats to the hunter and the Mullin team. David

I can tell you the bull is 445 3/8 SCI and will be remeasured in 60 day's and he is going to be mounted life size. The hunter was not about this bull because of size, he just liked his look. He knew in June that this was the one. He hunted hard, seen a lot of animals but only wanted him. Jim, Matt and the crew did an excellent job providing the hunter with an experience that will last him a lifetime and that is what it is about and not the size. I am just glad that I was able to be part of it and a big congrats for the hunter.

Jim

The hunter was not about this bull because of size, he just liked his look. Jim

Ya 445 and its not about the size! He just liked the look of his beady brown eye's. Come on I think most people would shoot a 445 elk for the "looks".

Bob

The hunter was not about this bull because of size, he just liked his look. Jim

Ya 445 and its not about the size! He just liked the look of his beady brown eye's. Come on I think most people would shoot a 445 elk for the "looks".

Bob

Bob,

thats funny buddy! :lol: :P i bet it was more of the way the mane looked...lol ;) congrats to all involved.was it the guy who owns shuff steel? and all i want to know is if it was the bull they were calling "wilber"(a simple yes or no woll work for me) :P

AZMEAT

Bob,

thats funny buddy! :lol: :P i bet it was more of the way the mane looked...lol ;) congrats to all involved.was it the guy who owns shuff steel? and all i want to know is if it was the bull they were calling "wilber"(a simple yes or no woll work for me) :P

AZMEAT

yes ;)

Howdy folks, i stole my brother's laptop and air-card and snuck away so I could finally get on here! Sorry for the lack of pics being sent out, i haven't figured out how to do that yet from up here.

We did take another giant bull last Monday with the 2009 auction hunter. This hunter was not the "steel" guy who's tag ended on August 14. Our hunter's tag started on August 15 and we hunted hard for 10 full days! I've been living up here these last few months watching the bulls grow and one bull in particular had my attention from the start. This bull is one we've watched for the last 2 years and this year he finally grew big enough to earn a name and that became "Wilbur". I named him Wilbur because I knew he would be famous this year and he was no doubt a pig! Our hunter shared the same admiration for this bull and we knew early on that Wilbur would be the bull that we would hunt. The crazy thing with Wilbur is that he fooled all of us and everyone we shared the photos or videos with, nobody thought this bull would score bigger than 410-415 and most thought he might not break the 400" mark. The shape and configuration of his rack along with a huge body made him very decieving and it wasn't until we had him in our hands that we knew we had seriously under estimated him! As my dad stated, our hunter didn't care what Wilbur scored, we all knew he was big enough and we loved his character so the decision was easy to hunt exclusively for Wilbur.

With all the time we have invested in this bull and with how great a guy and friend the hunter is, Wilbur was the perfect bull to take. We had and official SCI master measurer score Wilbur yesterday and he did score an amazing 445 3/8"! We are all excited as heck and thankful that the hunter, a good friend of ours, was able to harvest the bull of his dreams!

My brother and I are still helping the raffle hunter at this time, I won't be home until it's finished but I will try to get pic's posted as soon as I can of Wilbur and hopefully another great bull as well! Our small team of guys have been bustin' their butts this summer and it's awesome and gratifying to be successful in the end. Thanks for all the hard work and dedication boys....especially to our #1 top guide Chrissy :blink: :lol: :P