how many coues have you had the privlage to wrap your tag around?and whats your biggest one ? myself i have only havested one and it is about 70, but the one i get this year will be a least 100. most likly more :)

Just 2 myself. I have missed a few and passed on alot of them, some I had no business passing on. No matter what anyone tells you, DO NOT PASS ON 100 INCHERS, EVEN ON THE FIRST DAY OF A LATE HUNT, JUST SHOOT THEM AND BE HAPPY THEY WERE THERE TO BE SHOT!!!!! Especially do not pass them up on the first day of an early hunt in October ;). I have done both and feel bad to this day 5 years after the fact. In fact, the next time I see my uncles I might just body slam all of them for telling me to hold off on those deer :).

I have been responsible for the death of a big truckload more. Usually, I find them and point them out to my buddies or family members and then they pull the trigger and try to take credit. At least I have alot of pictures and packing experience now. My biggest goes 104 or so, and I have a feeling he will stay my biggest for a long time. I am fed up with passing on deer after my December hunt last year, from now on I have turned over a new leaf and will begin whacking the first branch antlered buck I see. I got a new house and I need a wall filled up with racks, however small they might be, besides deer taste good :P. After the wall has been filled with racks, I might think about getting snobby and holding out for 105 inchers again or maybe take up carp hunting seriously(Which basically means build bonus points till you draw a good unit tag).

Bret M.

I never counted but I think it was more than 20. My first deer at age 12 in 1948 was a mule deer, as were the next two or three. I then went a very long spell of hunting nothing but desert whitetails. My best buck's antlers scored 105 B&C net. I shot it in the Baboquivaris in about 1970. I really wasn't a trophy hunter, though. I'd shoot the first legal buck I saw. Five or six were good ones; but I'd have to say most were not. Like Bret, I like to eat deer.

Bret and I sound like we live the same life. Two for me and many for my friends family and others. I pass on atleast 15 bucks a year and I am mad about most of them. I figure were I am If I am going to pack a deer on my back that far it better be worth it. I have a 115" and abot an 85" they are both in the rifle pages I think in the page 20 area.

I've harvested only 2 coues bucks, a 65" and a spike. Both w/ my mathews ultra 2. This January I had a 100+ buck come into my treestand but couldn't get a good shot. I have pictures of that same buck live and TAM will be posting them shortly. TAM saw that same buck from the same treestand on the same day but once again he did not give TAM a shot.

My perspective on coues hunting has since changed and I have evolved into a trophy hunter.

Let's see I've taken 3 archery bucks, biggest being 92 gross and i believe 5 rifle bucks, biggest being aroud 85.

Brian

I have taken four coues all between 80-90" and have helped with many others, and now I will have to see if I can hold out for the magical 100 + mark.

I have shot 5, the biggest about 85, would have been better however he decided not to grow eyeguards that year apparently. The others all combined probably would amount to a grand total of 100. I have not rolled one over in a long time so the next one I see with antlers is getting a .150 grain nosler ballistic tip right in the boiler. :) AG

i have taken 2 coues, one being 80 of course, and the other being about 40, but the 40 incher had some neat chartestics to him. this year, i am shooing the first branch antlered deer i see also, 3 points or more on each side. gotta break the 270 wsm in! dad will be shooting the first branch antler he sees also, i will make him!

By my count I have taken 5 coues. The first was a nearly perfectly symmetrical 82 pointer. My largest was two seasons later. He is really massive and has great main beams but short points and is only a 2X3. I hope to improve this year...

Lee

I have harvested 4 Coues bucks, the largest being mid 90's. I am starting to get a little more picky and holding out for the bigger bucks....................until that forkie enters the FOV of the ol' Leupold! I also love to eat them little buggers, heck, I've been known to eat a 1/4 before reaching the truck.

I've been lucky enough to tag 5 coues. My biggest rifle coues to date is 100 inches, and my biggest archery coues is a 79 inch 2x2 in velvet i tagged 2 years ago. Maybe this year I'll beat my 100 inch Mexico buck.

Albert